fight

"Good luck against the grievers." Steve said before walking away. We all started running with me, and Thomas in the front. When we got to seven, me and Thomas slowed to a stop and hid behind the wall entrance. Thomas looked over the wall and looked back with a scared face. "Griever I'm guessing?" I said sarcastically. "Ya." He replied. "Shit." I heard Chuck say. "You take this Chuck. Stay behind us." Minho said and gave Chuck the metal beeper thing. "It's okay. Just stick with me." Teresa said as she was putting her hair up. I rolled my eyes. Of course, she wasn't going to do anything. "You stay back to Antonia." Thomas told me. "Your crazy. There's no way." I replied and put my hair in a messy bun quickly. Most of the boys murmured a, 'stay behind us.', agreeing with Thomas. "I'm fighting." I said and held up my machete. Thomas and Gally both huffed in defeat. I just smirked evilly at them.

"This will open the door. Stick together. We get out now. Or we die trying." Thomas told everyone. "Great speech. But can we get to the good part?" I said sarcastically. I gave Gally a quick kiss. "Ready? Let's go!" I yelled after I pulled away from Gally and ran into the corridor. I heard the boy slightly behind me yelling and Thomas was soon by my side but with everyone else behind. We were all yelling, and the griever started coming towards us. When it got there, the boys with the sweats jabbed them to the griever before it turned behind us. Or course we all turned with it.

The boys kept stabbing it with a spear. The metal device was knocked from Chuck's hand and he ran to get it. "Chuck! Watch the edge!" I yelled. I was still swinging at the griever with my machete, so Teresa ran after him. Just as we pushed the other griever off, two more came out. Me, Minho, and Thomas ran up to them and while they kept them at bay with their spears, I hacked at both of them. The other boys soon came as Chuck and Teresa got to the opening walls. We were all scooting back as the grievers kept coming. "Thomas! There's a code!" I heard Teresa yell. Minho yelled the code just as two grievers dropped from the top and landed on him and Gally.

"Gally!" I shrieked and started running towards him. Frypan grabbed me and held me back though. I tried to get out of his grasp, still yelling "Gally!". Tears were already falling down my face. Jeff ran up and stabbed Minho's griever and Minho got out and ran back to us. My throat was hoarse from yelling and tears were coming down like waterfalls. Jeff was swept away just before Gally. I saw Gally mouth 'I love you' to me before he was taken.

I screamed even louder and thrashed more even though I knew there was nothing to do. The doors finally opened and the walls came down on all the grievers. Just as I got out of Frypans grasp, the last wall shut down. I ran over to the wall and banged on it, punched it many times until the crying and punching wore me out and I finally rested my head on the wall with tears flowing down my face. Someone came up to me and put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around with red and puffy eyes, also newly opened knuckles that Gally had wrapped. Thomas was looking at me sadly. He pulled me in for a hug, and I cried into his chest for a while until we had to go.

"Come on. We need to go." I croaked and pulled away. I wiped my tears and snot away before walking up in the front of the group before he could say anything. A couple of the boys asked if I was okay, but I didn't answer. When Thomas walked in, the thing shut us in and it was completely dark. A second later, a door on the other side opened. I walked over with the boys following me. I opened it and walked out. There was a long wall with pipes on the side. The lights slowly turned on all the way down. We walked down it with me leading so I didn't have to talk to anyone. We finally got to a door that said 'exit' above it. "Seriously?" Frypan asked sarcastically. I walked up and opened the door. We were in some kind of lab with bodies all over the floor.

"What happened here?" Someone asked. No one answered though. When we got to a large room, everyone split up and looked around. I walked over to somewhere to be by myself, but Minho, Frypan, and Newt soon came. There was a bunch of computers with cameras of the glade and minds on it. "They were watching us." Newt murmured before walking away. Frypan and Minho both stood on either side of me awkwardly. Finally, Minho put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked. I just looked at him sadly. A sound came from the other side of the room and I looked quickly. There was a woman with blond hair on a projection screen. "Hello. My name is Ava Paige." She said.
•Time skip to after the speech because I'm lazy.•
She talked about the virus called the flare and other things. Also why she put us there. With every word, I got angrier. "Remember. Wicked is good." She said before shooting herself. We all turned away. I saw her body lying on the other side of the room and started walking over to it. Everyone else followed until a door next to us opened and we all stopped. We all looked down it. "Is it over?" Chuck asked. "She said we were important. What are we supposed to do now?" Newt replied. Me and Thomas looked at each other. "I don't know." He told everyone else. "Let's get out of here." I said.

We were about to leave when we heard a no. My heart dropped and my stomach flipped countless times but at the same time dropped. I recognized that voice. We all turned around and as I thought, Gally was standing there. "Gally?" I croaked. He was paler than normal and sweating, his pupils had dilated to basically his whole eye, and he had purple veins. He was also crying which pained me more than it should. "Gally?" I said again and started walking up to him.

I knew he was stung, but I didn't really care. The love of my life was still alive. Frypan grabbed me and told me, "Don't. He's been stung." Yet again, tears were flowing down my face. "Please." I whispered. Frypan didn't let go of me though. Gally dropped the beeper device thing and I noticed a gun in his hand. He looked like he was trying to fight back, but couldn't. He was in pain and I could tell and I wanted to just go help him. "We can't leave." Gally said.

"We did, Gally. We're out. We're free." Thomas replied trying to calm him. "Free? You think we're free out there? No. No, there's no escape from this place." Gally told us and held up the gun. Although he was speaking, it didn't sound like him. Like someone was controlling him. You could see the tears running down his face and I wanted to just go hug him. He pointed the gun at Thomas and started crying even more.

"Gally listen to me. You're not thinking straight. Just put down the gun. Please." I said, you could hear the sadness in my voice. Gally looked at me and Frypan let go. Gally's eyes started going back to normal for a second but quickly went back. Gally turned back to Thomas with the gun still pointing at him. He was about to pull the trigger and you could tell, but a spear went through him.

"Gally!" I yelled again. I was sobbing yet again and quickly ran over to him. He was already on the ground so I got on my knees next to him and cradled his head. His eyes went back to the beautiful green that I fell in love with. "Please don't leave me. Please." I sobbed. "I'm sorry. I love you, sailor." He said as he reached up for my face. In a split second, his hand fell back down and he took his last breath. Not again. I'm losing him for a second time. "Gally. Please no. No." I sobbed into his hair. I was so focused on Gally, I didn't notice Chuck on the floor laying in a pool of his own blood.

I buried my face back in Gally's hair and held onto him tight, still sobbing. People grabbed onto both my arms a pulled me back. "No!" I shrieked. I didn't have any energy to fight back though, and they started pulling me away. When I looked up, it wasn't any of the gladers. I didn't even want to fight back. I felt numb. Even though, I still screamed things like, "Gally!", "No!", "We can't leave him!". They dragged me down a hallway just before a bright light filled my eyes. When my eyes adjusted, I realized we were in a place with large sand dunes. They threw me into a helicopter with the other gladers next to Minho and Thomas who had Newt's head buried into his chest, Thomas's arms wrapped around him. I buried my head in my hands and sobbed even more. Someone put their arm over my shoulder, but I didn't really care. I sobbed until I passed out in the person's arms.

END OF FIRST BOOK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND PLEASE VOTE :)