Jorge gives us a lovely welcome

Do you guys like the gifs at the start? Let me know please in the comments x

also made Spotify playlists for this book- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/24qjwEyuAef4FDnTV0y07L?si=525cb3e1bc3d44f7 that is for the first book, maze runner

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/16y33oD359qLlMFB7huhPk?si=06541fcd1cd34133 that is my scorch trials one x

We all turned to see a girl walking towards us through the cranks like it was nothing. "You guys look like shit." The girl said as she got up to us. Now that I could see her, I could tell that she was tan with brown short short hair and brown eyes. "Come on. Follow me. Unless you wanna stay here with them." She said before walking back the way she came.

We all looked at each other warily before following. "Come on. Keep up. Jorge wants to meet you." She told us as she led us through a place and upstairs. "Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked. "You'll see. No one has come out of the scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me too." She replied. I looked behind us and saw a group of people starting to follow us. "I'm really starting to get a bad feeling about this place." I heard Newt say from behind me. "Let's hear him out. Just hear what he has to say." Thomas told us. We followed the girl until we got to a room where a man was playing with a radio. Brenda went and sat on the couch next to us as the man turned around. He was darker with black hair that had turned gray. "You ever feel like the whole world had turned against you?" He asked us. "Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" He said. We all stared at him silently for a while until he said, "Don't all answer at once.", and Thomas spoke up. "We're headed for the mountains. We're looking for the right arm." Thomas said, and we heard laughter from the group behind us.

"You're looking for ghosts you mean," Jorge said and took a drink of water. "Question number two. Where did you come from?" Jorge asked and stepped closer to us. "That's our business," Minho replied. People came up from behind and grabbed us by our arms. Brenda then came up behind me and brushed my hair from the back of my neck. I elbowed her stomach before she could do anything.

"Hey!" She yelled. She then went up behind Thomas and scanned his neck. She looked at it before looking up at Jorge. "You were right." She told him before walking up to him. He looked at the machine. "Right about what? What is she talking about?" Thomas asked. The people let go of us, and Jorge smiled at us. "I'm sorry Hermano, looks like your tagged. You came from wicked. Which means you are very valuable." Jorge told us before he got the people to hang us from chains above a high open hole.

We were dangling from the ceiling when Minho said, "Good plan Thomas. Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us.", he said sassily. "Shut up Minho." Thomas replied. "Maybe I can reach the rope." Thomas said after a while and tried reaching it, but miserably failed. "Enjoying the view?" Jorge asked as he walked over to us from the platform. "The hell do you want?" I asked. "That is the question. My men want to sell you back to wicked. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either." Jorge replied and held a cane in his hand. "Is the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense." Minho said sassily. I laughed for a second before Jorge came and looked me directly in the eye. I glared back at him, I wasn't scared this time. "Tell me what you know about the right arm." He demanded with his cane pointed at me. "Thought you said they were ghosts." I replied sassily. "I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves." Jorge said and walked away from me, towards the lever. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal." He told us.

"We don't know much." Thomas gave in. Jorge pulled the lever and dropped us a couple of feet. "Okay! They are hiding in the mountains. And they attacked wicked and they got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know." Thomas said. Jorge started walking towards us, but a man came up. "What's going on?" He questioned. "Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now." Jorge answered before starting to walk away. "Hey! You said you would help us!" I yelled. "Don't worry Hermana. We'll get you back to where you belong." Jorge told me. The man that was standing there looked badly at us before walking away, leaving us hanging there.