top-bunk

TW self harm- Please skip if you don't want to read it but I really wanted to put this in here as it is something people struggle with and something I can sympathize with so I hope I wrote my feelings well enough to get across but huge TW FOR SELF HARM PLEASE SKIP IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ ABOUT IT.

After a while, everyone started being escorted out by guards. A man came and got the gladers and led us to a room full of bunk beds. "I got top." Minho said before jumping up and hoisting himself onto the top bed. "Ahhh to slow." He mocked me. I smiled again, which surprised me, before climbing on the one under him.

"I can get used to this." Winston said. "Yea, it's not bad." Newt replied just at the door behind us closed and locked. We turned off the lights and we all got comfy. I heard snores from most of the boys, but I couldn't seem to go to sleep. After what felt like an eternity, I finally fell into a restless sleep. That's when the nightmares happened. All of them about the grievers attacking the glade, and Gally dying both times. Someone shook me awake and I jolted up. I couldn't really see through the dark, but I heard Minho's voice ask, "Are you okay?" "Ya, fine. Just a nightmare." I said and whipped the tears away from my cheeks.

"Are you sure your okay? You were screaming Gally and No." He asked again. Even though I had just wiped my tears, more tears came down my cheeks and landed in my lap. "Ya." I replied, but my voice cracked. "Hey, it's okay." Minho told me as I felt the bed shift and realized he was sitting by me. "I'm sorry for waking you." I said, still crying. "No, it's fine." Minho replied before cautiously pulling me in for a hug. I slowly wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. Although this might seem like a more than friend gesture to some people, it wasn't to me.

Even if it was, Minho's hugs didn't make my stomach flip and my heart beat faster like Gally's did. We must have fallen asleep, because when I woke back up, Minho was still loosely hugging me, but I could hear light snores coming from him.

I carefully got out of his arms and went to the corner of the room, underneath the basin that was there and slid down the wall and cried. It was weak and pathetic I know. I couldn't help myself. Everything that happened came flooding back. First losing Ben, then Alby then Gally, Chuck, and then Gally again. I'm not sure how it happened, it is all a blur but the next thing I knew I had the razor the boys were given in my hands. It took a few minutes but eventually, I got the blades out.

With tears running down my face I made the first cut. Soon one red line was joined by many, many more. I'm in so much pain. After a while, I stopped. There wasn't much room for any more. Both thighs and both arms covered in my pain. Blood steadily dripping onto the floor and into my clothes. I hid the blade in case I would need it again tomorrow and let more tears find their path down my face as I rested my head against the wall and drifted off into an exhausted sleep.