Bertha

When I woke up, we all started off again, following Jorge to someplace. Minho had come up to me halfway through the day when we were both at the back of the group. "What's up with you and Aris? You were sleeping by him when I woke up." Minho said. "Are you jealous?" I teased. "Me? Never." He replied and put a hand in his chest dramatically. We both laughed for a second before he said, "Seriously though." I looked up at him before replying, "I don't know. It's like I've met him before. I don't really know how to explain it. I had the same thing with half of you gladers, but I don't know how I knew you." I told him. Minho looked like he was thinking hard before he said, "I have the same thing with you." I nodded, and we both didn't talk until we got to the place. It was the same as the other buildings that we had passed but filled with people. We walked in, and people were dancing all around, but they didn't look normal.

"They're going through the changing." Jorge informed us. "So this is like a pre-crank party?" I asked sarcastically. "Exactly." Jorge replied. We walked through for a while, looking for someone named Marcus apparently, and many people had hit on me. Finally, after I was about done with pushing people's hands off me, I accidentally kicked something. I looked down and saw Thomas passed out. "Thomas!" I yelled. I dropped down next to him, and everyone else made a small circle around us so the pre-cranks wouldn't step on us. "Help me get him up." I told my group. Newt came and helped me pick him up.

"Now we just have to find Brenda, then Marcus." Jorge said. We all nodded and wondered yet again through the place with people touching all over us. One man grabbed my butt and I turned around to punch him before quickly going back and helping with Thomas. I saw Newt looking at me, he had a smile on his face. "What?" I asked and smiled a little. "Nothing just watching you not giving a single shuck that you just knocked someone out." He replied and chuckled before looking away.

When we finally found Brenda, she didn't look so good. She looked exactly like the other people in this place. When we finally found Marcus, it hit me. Brenda has gotten infected at some point. She was turning into a crank. I looked at her sadly, but she held a finger up to her lips, and I knew she didn't want anyone to know, so I didn't tell. We basically kidnapped Marcus and brought him upstairs where Brenda laid on a couch, and we laid Thomas on another couch. We tied Marcus up, and Jorge interrogated him while we all watched.

Newt went and sat by Thomas, and I went to find some water for Brenda, who wasn't looking too good. I found some clean water, even drank some of it myself, before bringing it back and handing a cup to Brenda. She thanked me before I walked over and stood over Thomas. I heard a gasp and looked down at Thomas's eyes jolting open. "We have to stop meeting like this." Teresa said and smiled a bit, when did she move over here? I rolled my eyes and faked a gag towards Minho who laughed before walking up behind me. "Welcome back you ugly shank." Minho said and put his hands on his shoulders. Thomas smiled a bit before starting to get up. Newt got his hug first. He launched and I mean launched himself at Thomas who clung to him tight. "I'm ok love, I'm ok." Thomas whispered into Newt's ear and kissed him. I still don't get how Teresa hasn't got it. Thomas isn't going to like you anytime soon idiot.

When they both sat up, I hugged Thomas quickly and whispered in his ear, "please don't scare me like that again." He whispered back, "Then you have to, too." I pulled away and we both smiled at each other before he got all the way up. He looked over at Marcus and Jorge before walking over to Newt. I followed him, with Minho, and we watched Marcus get punched a couple of times. Jorge interrogated Marcus for a while more, while Minho came up behind me again and wrapped his arms around my upper torso, and rested his head on my shoulder. "Your too short." He whined. "Well, if I'm going to let you stay like this, you better be grateful. My height is perfect." I replied sassily. He stopped talking, and after a while, Jorge lead us all to a car.