Stars

(EW- the criginess of this chapter)

Frypan was cleaning up things from this morning. "Hey, Antonia. You are working with me today?" He asked and I nodded and gave him a small fake smile. "I'm sorry about what happened with Thomas this morning." He told me. "It's fine I guess," I replied sadly. He wiped his hands on his apron before walking over to me. "You need anything?" he asked. I shook my head-no. He cautiously put his arms around me and hugged me. I hugged him back gently. It wasn't a romantic hug, just a friendly one. Frypan didn't seem like the type of guy to hit on me. He seemed more like the guy who would become my best friend. "Thank you, I needed that," I told him once we had pulled away. "Anytime." He replied and smiled at me. "Well, let's get to work. Can you start on the dishes?" He asked. "yep." I said with an actual smile, my whole mood lifted.

Frypan cleaned the rest of things from this morning before joining, to help clean the rest of the dishes. I was lightly humming under my breath as I worked, too embarrassed to full-out sing. The music was comforting to me. "Whatcha singing?" He asked me. "Nothing, sorry," I replied, a little embarrassed. He gave me a look and I rolled my eyes. "Well..." He dragged out. "Well, what?" I asked, confused. "I can't hear you sing so sing louder." He said back to me pointing a soapy fork at me as he spoke. My eyes widened and I shook my head quickly. "If you don't ill get Alby to come and order you to sing." He teased. "oh you shank." I replied chuckling.

Hmm, should I sing? Well, might as well. I started singing a song, I'm not sure where I knew it from or if I just made it up. I can't remember, obviously. I open my mouth and quietly begin to sing *

Call all the out, they're in finery

A jewels on throats

A jewels teeth

Now my boys in, skin in like the moon

The moon we love like a brother, he through the room

Dancin' the lies we tell

Dancin' big eyes as well

Even the comatose, they don't and tell

We live in cities  you'll never  see on screen

 not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things

Livin' in ruins of a palace within my dreams

And you know we're on each other's team*

(A/N love this song and always think of maze runner when I hear it so I added it. Team by Lorde.)

As I'm singing I gain confidence and start singing louder and Frypan soon joins in dancing and singing into a soapy fork. We are both messing around and having a great time singing and dancing around whilst doing the dishes. We were almost done when I heard a scream that I knew all too well: Thomas. I dropped the plate I was scrubbing and it fell to the floor smashing. Without thinking, I ran outside as fast as I could. I heard him yell out for help and I ran towards him as fast as my legs would take me. All the other gladers had already come out to see what the commotion was. I pushed past anyone that got in my way. When I found Thomas, Ben had him pinned on the ground. "Hey! Get off him!" I yelled before tackling Ben off Thomas. Ben grabbed my throat and hit my head onto a rock. My vision was going blurry, but I could tell something was off with Ben. His eyes were darker, his skin was pale with dark veins spreading around him like a spider web. He was also sweating more than usual.

"It's all y'all's fault! He put us here and I know you were in on it too!" Ben screamed in my face. Thomas was still yelling, and finally, someone came. Ben was knocked off me and Newt looked down at me with a shovel in his hands. I looked over dizzily at Ben and saw some other boys holding him down, including Gally. I met Gally's eyes and could tell he wanted to come and help me, but Ben was more important to deal with at the moment. My vision was still very blurry, and my head hurt a ton, I was also very dizzy and everything was spinning. I rested my pounding, spinning head on the ground and closed my eyes.