do I know you?

Later, Thomas had the bright idea to try and push me towards the lever and grab it so I can get everyone free. "Minho ready?" Thomas asked for the hundredth time. "Yep." He replied. Thomas then pushed Minho who pushed me. I reached as far as I could, but couldn't reach it. We kept trying, and after a couple more tries, I got it. I pulled the lever, and everyone dropped, but I dropped into the platform. I quickly untied my ropes before untying everyone else on the platform. Once I was getting done with Teresa's ropes, I heard helicopters. Not them again. I heard Janson yell out of the intercom. Once we got everyone undone, we started leaving until we heard the coking of a gun. The man from earlier stepped closer to us. "Janson, I got 'em for you." He said into a walkie-talkie. "Come on. Let's go." He told us and reached out towards me. I stepped closer to him, but grabbed his gun and kneed him, making him fall backward. "You little bastard." He told me with his gun on me once he got up.

We heard a gunshot and all braced for impact, but nothing ever came. The man fell and we saw Brenda with a gun. "Come on." She told us. We all started following her. While we were running, we heard a song start to play from the speakers. "Let's go! We don't have much time!" Jorge told us once we got to him and led us to windows which he opened to a zip line to another building. "Bruh you gotta be kidding me." Frypan said. "You kids want to get to the right arm? I'll lead you to them, but your gonna owe me." Jorge replied. He grabbed a blanket thing from above and attached it to himself and the cable line before jumping yelling, "Follow me!". "Alright! Let's go!" Brenda yelled and got some more things so we could go. Everyone went, and it was me, Thomas, Minho, and Brenda who left. Minho went, then I looked back at Thomas before going. "You go first." I told him. "No, you. I can't risk losing my sister." Thomas replied before pushing out of the window. When I got to the other building, I looked back and waited for Thomas, but he never came.

"Thomas!" I yelled many times, but he never came. "We have to go." Teresa finally said. "No, we can't leave them." I replied with my voice cracking. "We have to go." Teresa pushed on. I turned around to her fast and grabbed her shirt collar before pushing her hard against a wall. I felt a hand on my shoulder a turned my head around to see Jorge with what looked like tears in his eyes. "She's right. We have to go. Brenda will get him out of there. They'll meet us. Brenda knows where we are going." He told me.

I looked at him to see if he was lying, but I didn't see any signs of it, so I looked back at Teresa. She was very scared, and you could tell. I pushed her against the wall before letting go of her. I walked over to Minho and looked around at the group. They all looked super scared, and I honestly didn't really care. I looked at Jorge, who was looking at the building almost longingly. I looked at the building for any signs of Thomas coming. A second later, I heard a bunch of booms, and the building caught on fire before collapsing. "Thomas!" I screamed and lunged towards the building, even though I knew there's no way to save him if he's already dead. Minho grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I tried getting out of his grip, still screaming, but he put his arms around me.

"Hey! We have to go now. There are underground tunnels, Brenda most likely got him out safely." Jorge said and stepped in front of me, holding my shoulders and looking me in the eye. "Most Likely?" I questioned with anger in my voice. Jorge let go of my arms and backed away a bit. Minho even let go of me. I took more steps towards Jorge with rage. "You're telling me that my brother might have just died and Brenda 'most likely' got him out." I basically growled, but tears still brimmed my eyes. Jorge looked scared and backed away some more. Someone then stepped in front of me and Jorge. I looked who it was, and I saw Aris's brown eyes. He put his hands on my shoulders and said, "Calm down, Antonia.", while looking into my eyes. It felt strangely familiar like he's done the exact same thing to me before. Somehow, it actually helped and I wasn't very mad anymore. Aris took his hands off my shoulders, and I could see in his eyes that he felt that was familiar too.

We didn't say anything though when Jorge started leading us somewhere, we kept it quiet. But, that night when everyone was asleep, I carefully got out of a sleeping Minho's grasp and walked over to where Aris was. I sat down next to him and saw he was awake, staring at the stars. He sat up and looked at me. "I don't know how to say this, but, um, I think we knew each other before the maze. I mean, do you not find me strangely familiar?" I whispered to him after a while of us sitting in silence. He nodded his head. "Ya, like I've done the same thing to you before from earlier. It was like an instinct. I didn't even know I was doing it until I looked into your eyes." He said. "Maybe we'll find out someday if we knew each other before the maze." I replied. "Maybe." He whispered before we both fell asleep.