Mary

Just then, Brenda collapsed, breathing heavily. "Brenda!" Jorge said and pulled her into his lap. "What going in with her?" The man asked and bent down. "I don't know." Jorge said sadly. The man pulled down a bandage on Brenda's leg, revealing the crank bite. "Crank! We got a crank!" The man said and stood up point a gun at Brenda. "No!" I yelled and stepped in between the man and Brenda. "Listen, this just happened. She's not dangerous yet." I told the man. "Well, you shouldn't have brought her here!" The man yelled in my face and cocked his gun. "Stop!" I shouted and shoved him back. He stumbled a bit before starting to come back at me. "Vince! That enough!" A woman yelled from behind the man, who I now know as Vince.

He stopped coming at me and turned around to a woman coming up. "Let him go!" The women demanded to the guys who were holding back Jorge. They obeyed, while Vince said, "She's infected doc. There's nothing we can do for her." "No, but them two can." The women said and smiled with a nod towards me and Thomas. "Hello, Antonia, Thomas." She said. I looked back at Thomas, as confused as him, before looking back at the women. "What?" Vince questioned. "You know us?" I asked her. She nodded before saying, "Interesting. Makes sense they put you two in the maze." She said as she walked and crouched down next to Brenda. "Though I must admit. I thought they would kill you after what you did. You especially, Antonia." She added.

"What I did?" Me and Thomas questioned. "When I last spoke to you, Thomas, you said you couldn't take it anymore. Watching your friends die one by one. The last time we spoke, you gave me the coordinates of every wicked compound, trial, and lab." The women replied. "He was our source." Vince said. The women nodded before looking at me. "And you, Antonia. I didn't even really know you, but Thomas always secretly talked about you to me when I spoke with him. Ava Paige truly did hate you since you outsmarted them." She said.

"What did I do?" I asked. "Well, for one, you snuck away from the lab before they could put you in the maze." She replied. "That doesn't make sense. I would never leave Thomas with them." I said, confused. "He chose to stay." She replied sadly. I looked at Thomas who also looked very sad. "Anyway, they also hated you because you were able to hide without being caught for so many years. You even brought someone with you." The woman said towards me again.

"Who?" I questioned. She looked through our group before looking back at me. "Well, I do believe that young man." She said and nodded towards Aris. It suddenly made sense why Aris was so familiar to me. We had been in hiding together. The other gladers, I don't know why they look familiar, I was probably friends with them, like Thomas. "So you're telling me that I let my younger sister run away without me. I chose to stay, but still kept in touch with her." Thomas spoke up. The women nodded before adding, "though I have no idea how you did keep in touch with her." "Anyway, back to the point. We couldn't have pulled all this off without the two of you. Get these guys some warm clothes."

She said before ordering some people to come and pick Brenda up. "Thomas, Antonia, come on. I need some blood from you two." She said as me and Thomas started walking with her. She led us to a tent where Brenda was laying on a cot. "In the beginning, we were lost. All we knew for sure was that the younger you were, the stronger your chances." She told us after taking some of each of our blood. "You worked for wicked?" Jorge asked, who had been sitting on the other side of Brenda.

"A long time ago. You know at first, we had the best intentions. Find a cure. Save the world. It was clear you kids were the key because you were immune. But why? Eventually, we found an answer. Something from your brain and blood keeps you guys from getting it." The women said. "So you found a cure?" Thomas asked. "Not exactly. The thing that stopped the virus could only be extracted from the immune. The young. Of course, that didn't stop wicked. If they had their way, they would have sacrificed an entire generation. All for this. A gift of biology. Evolution. But one not meant for all of us." The woman replied as she held up a needle full of what she had been mixing.

She walked over to us and carefully injected the needle into Brenda. Brenda immediately calmed down. "How long will that give her?" Thomas asked. "It's different for everybody. A few months. But that's the catch, isn't it? She'll always need more. I'm Mary, by the way." The woman- Mary- answered before leaving with Jorge, leaving me, Thomas, and Brenda alone. We both looked at each other before looking back at Brenda. We both put back on our jackets and were about to leave, but Brenda then woke up.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked and sat back down. "Better. Thank you." Brenda replies and Thomas sat down next to me. "For what?" I asked. "Well, for one, you two have done nothing but save me. Second of all, you gave me your blood and helped me." She answered. "Oh. Your welcome." Me and Thomas said. "So, you snuck away with Aris huh?" Brenda then asked me. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "I mean, I guess. It's not like I remember." I replied.

"Antonia?" Thomas asked faintly. I turned to him. "What's up with you and Minho? You two have gotten really close. Are you two..." Thomas asked almost sacredly. "Ya, I was wondering the same thing. Who's your man?" Brenda asked playfully. Even though she was trying to make it happy, I was still sad. "Nothing is going on between me and Minho. Just friends. The love of my life is gone." I said, which turned all of our moods depressed. "Oh. I'm so sorry." Brenda replied. Thomas gently put his arm around my shoulder as tears pricked my eyes.

"What was he like?" Brenda asked sadly. It took me a while before I answered, "His name was Gally. He was in our maze. I don't know if I knew him before we were in the maze, but we were automatically close. I loved him with all my heart and soul. He was definitely the one for me, but when we were escaping the maze-." My voice cut off and a sob excepted my lips. "I'm sorry." I told Brenda and Thomas before running out.