guards

A/N quite a short one sorry but I didn't really know where to break the chapters so there might be a few shorter and a few longer ones sorry x 

also thank you so much for over 200 reads! Never expected that :))))

Another man then came in and told us to follow him. Minho helped me up before leading me with him. We walked to a cafeteria thing with the other gladers, but I noticed Thomas and Teresa weren't there. We walked in and quickly got food. When we started eating, other boys and girls were talking about how they had mazes too. A while later, Thomas walked in and Minho got up to go get him. Thomas sat beside me and then Minho sat on the other side, while Newt was in the other side of Thomas. One of the boys we were sitting next to kept eyeing me and I didn't like it. "How are you beautiful." A guy said as he came and sat across from me. "I'm not in the mood. Beat it." I growled. The boy looked frightened before leaving.

"See you haven't changed a bit." Newt said as he tried to lighten the mood. I tried a smile, but my lips only twitched before going back to a frown. "You need to eat." Thomas told me, referring to the plate that I had just been playing with. I pushed my tray slightly away. "I'm not hungry." I replied. Frypan then came and sat in front of me with a tray stacked with food. He was shoving food in his mouth and trying to talk at the same time. I actually smiled, and it wasn't a fake one. Thomas, Newt, and Minho were talking to the boys next to us. I didn't really pay attention but decided to join in. "That kid over there, been here the longest," the boy looked over to a table. We all followed his gaze to a boy with a gray hood on with no food in front of him. He almost looked familiar, but I don't think I know him. Unless he was from before the maze. "Almost a week. His name is Aris." The boy added. Even the name Aris sounded familiar.

"His maze was a ton of girls." The other boy said, who had been eying me. "Really?" Minho asked. "Some guys have all the luck." The boy said and smirked at me. I squirmed uncomfortably in my chair. Then, Janson walked in and said a short speech before calling out names. With every name, the person would get up and their friends would congratulate them before they walked behind Janson. Janson then closed his clipboard and left with the kids. "Where are they going?" I asked. It must have surprised the boys, because they all looked at me weird. "What? I can talk." I said. "Somewhere far away from here. Lucky bastards. Some kind of safe place. They can only take a couple at a time." One of the guys told us.

Thomas then jumped out of his seat. I looked over to where he was walking. Teresa was on the other side of the wall, being led by a couple of guards and doctors. "Teresa!" He called. He then got stopped by the guards.