Please, Tommy. Please

After a while, a huge explosion came from the walls. "They were supposed to destroy wicked not the whole damn city." Gally said. "Gally, come on." I told him and we turned around to go another way since obviously those doors wouldn't work anymore. We went down one street and hid behind more cement. Gally looked before leaning back on the wall saying, "Dammit." "What are they waiting for?" Minho questioned. A second later, an explosion came from beside us. I punched Minho's shoulder since he was beside me. "You and your big mouth." I told him as people flooded into the city, fighting against the guards.

"Stay down! Stay down!" Thomas told us as explosions went off. "We gotta go. We gotta go." Gally said. Thomas and Minho helped Newt while I and Gally took on the rear. I picked up a gun from a near-dead person as we were going. "Antonia, get Brenda." Thomas told me once we were in a building and he tossed me the walkie-talkie. "Brenda are you there?" I asked into it. "Antonia? Ya, I hear you." I heard her say back. "We're not going to make it." I informed her.

"What are you talking about?" Brenda asked. "Here, Thomas wants it," I told her and handed it to Thomas who walked a bit away and talked to her. "Go for us near the tunnels!" Brenda yelled after a while. "Alright. Newt we're almost there." Gally informed him after we walked for a while. "Just leave me." Newt groaned as a car exploded and rolled in front of us. We hid in the alleyway for a second as the berg that Vince and Jorge had before this came over our head.

"That's them. We have to go." Thomas said. "No, go without me." Newt said as Thomas and Minho tried to pick him up, and he pushed them away before coughing more blackish blood out. "Minho. You're the fastest one here. You have to run there, bring us back the serum as soon as possible." Thomas told him. "I'm not leaving you." He told us. "Minho, Gally will go with you. Go." Thomas said. "He's right. We need to go." Gally told him. "Thank you, Minho." Newt struggled out. I couldn't help it, I gave Newt a huge hug. I gave Thomas one and Gally and lastly Minho just before he left, Minho told Newt to hang on.

Thomas's POV- 

Me and Antonia watched Minho runoff, Gally just ahead. We turned back to Newt who was breathing very heavily and coughing. It hurts me so much to see him like that. "Newt..." I whispered.

"Tommy... take it." He whispered whilst ripping something from his neck and holding it out to me. A sort of necklace. With tears in my eyes, I pushed it away, "No, no you're going to make it all right?" 

"TAKE IT!" He yelled out. "Please, Tommy. Please." I took it and put it in my pocket, if it makes him a little bit happier I would do anything. He rest his head on the wall. He looked at me and weakly held out his hand. I grabbed it and didn't let go. I felt Antonia put a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, we need to move him." I nodded and we both put an arm around him and half dragged, half carried him.

After a while Newt collapsed, pulling Antonia down with him. Immediately I was at his side. Antonia also kneeled beside him and shook him a bit. We let him rest for a second and I and Antonia stood up and looked over the city that was being destroyed. We heard a noise and turned around to see Newt slowly getting to his feet.

Please let him be ok, I prayed. "Newt?" I questioned, time seemed to slow down. He slowly spun around before attacking me, "Newt! Newt! It's me!" I yelled out. Antonia tackled him off me and he kneeled on all fours, and the crank in him disappeared for a second, "Tommy...Tommy, kill me!" He yelled, before the crank came back and he attacked us once again. He punched Antonia before shoving me over and landing on top of me.

He was snarling and coughing. He put his arm around my neck and started to suffocate me. "Newt!" I barely breathed out and suddenly he stopped. He was breathing very heavily. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry Tommy." He said. "It's, ok, it's ok." I replied.

He sat up and quickly pulled a gun from his belt and held it up to his head and then Newt's eyes cleared, as if he'd gained one last trembling gasp of sanity, and his voice softened, "I'm sorry Tommy".. "No!" Antonia and I screamed in unison. She got up and grabbed the gun from his hand, throwing it away. Newt got off me, full crank mode and I lept up.

He climbed onto Antonia and started punching her. He pulled out a knife and started stabbing her. She screamed out in pain. I kicked Newt off her and we all got up. I placed Antonia behind me and Newt staggered towards us slicing the air with the knife. He fell into my arms and I heard the knife stab into someone. "I'm sorry Tommy, I love you.." He whispered before falling back. "No.." I breathed out. Antonia slowly crawled over, her chest bleeding heavily from where Newt stabbed her and came by my side, tears both running down our faces. 

I'm so sorry...I'm crying too