lizard

(ew the criginess I'm so sorry, this will be quite short sorry, also going to change POVs quite a lot too-oops also love the pic above)

Thomas's POV

I couldn't sleep. My brain couldn't shut down after everything that had happened today, Gally, Newt, and of course what happened to Ben. I decided to get up and go outside. It was still dark so I had to be careful I didn't wake anyone up. I know what a light sleeper Antonia is. I looked over at her to check she was still asleep- which she was before I closed the door to homestead behind me and walked out into the warm night.

I walked around for a bit before flopping down on the grass. I looked up at the stars and sighed. "What you doing up?" An accented voice said. I spun around to see Newt looking down at me.I smiled at him and explained how I couldn't sleep. He nodded before coming down and lying beside me, our hands touching slightly.

(A/N writing this in physics, Leo judging me because of it)

"Moon is stunning tonight," Newt commented, looking up at the night sky, in a world of his own. "Doesn't compare to you," I whispered under my breath, not fully conscious that I was saying it out loud. My eyes widened when I realized I said it out loud and I hoped he hadn't heard it. I felt that all too familiar blush creep up my cheeks. Newt quickly turned towards me. He looked me in my eyes before smirking and raising his eyebrows towards me.

I quickly looked up at the moon- very embarrassed, my face beet red, thank god it was dark, although he could probably still see. "Tommy..." I heard him whisper. I looked to the side to find Newt on his knees looking down at me, very close. My heart was beating ridiculously fast, he was so close. I looked into his eyes, before back to his lips. "Shuck it." I thought before I leaned in and gently connected our lips.

After a moment I felt Newt pull away and I felt the blush return to my cheeks. "I'm so sorry." I stuttered out before getting up and running away. "Wait!" I heard him call out but I ran on. I sat underneath a tree, tears running down my face silently. I had just lost my best friend and all because I made a stupid decision. Godssake Thomas. Why the shuck would you do that? You knew he wouldn't like you.

"Tommy..." I heard and looked up through blurry eyes to see Newt standing in front of me looking nervous. God, what had I done? "Newt, I am so sorry..." I started. "Shhh" Newt interrupted before he leaned in and connected our lips once again. Butterflies exploded in my stomach the moment I felt our lips connect and it felt like electricity shooting throughout my body. A small gasp escaped my lips before I looped my hand behind his neck and pulled him in closer, my other hand running through his thick blonde hair.

Newt pulled away after a while gently and he whispered, "I love you, Tommy." "I love you too...Lizard." I said smirking. He rolled his eyes before he snuggled into my chest where I played with his hair before we fell asleep under the moon that will never be as stunning as my Newt.

Newt pov – changing it up a little, going to be quite short tho

I woke to the sun shining down on me. I stretched a bit to feel someone cling to me tighter. I closed my eyes again and smiled, remembering last night. I slowly opened my eyes to see Thomas's adorable face above me, still sleeping peacefully. It surprised me yesterday when he kissed me. I mean, I obviously like him, how could I not? It still surprised me though. I never thought he would like me but I'm not complaining one bit.

I cuddled him a bit longer before having to wake him, it was sunrise and we had to get back before anyone notices anything. After I had woken Tommy, who was not pleased about having to get up, we walked back to the homestead and had just reached the door when it opened. An amused-looking Antonia stood there. She raised her eyebrows at us when she saw our interlaced fingers. "Well.....?" She said. I looked at Tommy, who looked from Antonia to me and back again like he couldn't actually believe this was happening.

"Err..." I started, running my hand through my hair nervously. Shuck I thought to myself.

Antonia POV

It was still dark when I was woken up. I opened my eyes a fraction to see Thomas getting up and out of his hammock. He went past everyone and left, gently shutting the door behind him. I opened my eyes fully to then see Newt get out of his hammock and follow Thomas. What is going on with those two? I know Thomas likes Newt, anyone with more than half a brain cell could tell. I reckon Newt liked him back too. I decided to see where they went. I opened the door a crack and could just about make out their silhouettes in the dark in front of me.

I decide to wait for them to get back, hopefully, they will have worked it out, it is so frustrating watching them like each other but not say anything. I'm waiting by the door for around half an hour before I go back to bed, fed up if waiting. I pass Gally sleeping peacefully. I smile before climbing into my hammock and falling asleep.

I next wake up as it's just getting light. I heard footsteps coming towards the homestead. Realizing it's probably Newt and Thoams I creep to the door and open it just before Newt was able to. I smirked and raised my eyebrows at the fact they were holding hands. Please say they finally got together. "Well?" I asked. Thomas looked in shock and Newt stuttered and ran his hand through his blonde hair. "For godsake say something! Are you together yet?" I said exasperated. "Newt looked shocked, "Er well um yes." He finally got out. I squealed with happiness before bringing both of them into a tight hug. "Finally!" I said. "Huh? What do you mean finally?" Thomas said, finally finding his voice.

"You two have been flirting for forever, it's taken you long enough," I responded pulling away from the hug and rolling my eyes. "No, we haven't!" They both denied it at the same time before we all looked at each other and just burst out laughing. We all went to our hammocks chuckling lightly. Newt got in his and Thomas kissed him before getting into his own, "You two are too cute." I whispered. "Shut up Antonia!" Whispered back, Thomas. We all chuckled again before I made my way back to my hammock.

"Toni?" A husky voice whispered from my right. I looked back and saw Gally sitting up looking at me tiredly. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded and he smiled before getting comfy again. I was about to get into my own hammock when I had a better idea. I went over to Gally's hammock and he opened his eyes slowly. I got into his hammock and cuddled up to him. "Wha.." He started but I cut him short, "Shh" He smiled and hugged me closer and we fell asleep cuddled up.