c h a p t e r t w e l v e

y/n pov:

soon, the ambulance came as they brought soobin's sister on the stretcher. "can one family member come along with us?" they asked. "me, i'm her brother," soobin said. "i'll meet you at the hospital," i told him as he nodded and got onto the ambulance. 

i immediately got onto a taxi and went to the hospital the ambulance would be bringing soobin's sister would be brought to. after i reached there, i immediately went to the counter. "excuse me, which ward is choi sooyoung in?" i asked. 

"she is currently in the emergency operating room, but you cannot go in," the nurse said. "okay, thank you," i told her. i made my way to the emergency room and saw soobin sitting outside the emergency room. 

"are you okay?" i asked, sitting beside him. "no," he said. "it's alright... everything will be alright... nothing will happen to your sister, alright?" i told him. "thank you y/n..." he said. i took out a pack of tissues from my bag and passed it to him, "here, you'll need this."

"don't cry alright? i really can't console people, so don't cry alright?" i said. i really can't console people, ever since young i never could. "okay, i won't cry... noona told me before that boys cannot cry, she'll be disappointed if she sees me cry... she said i must be strong so that i can protect her in the future..." he said. 

i pulled him into a hug and patted his back. "she'll be alright, nothing will happen..." i said. "can we stay like that for a while?" soobin asked. stay like that for a while? is it just me reading too much into this or... my heartbeat started going at super speed again as i felt butterflies in my stomach.

gosh, what's going on with me... i can't be falling for soobin, could i? we only know each other for two days, it's not possible is it? (a.n ofc y/n, ofc it's possible. have you seen y/n and felix and angsty-) "uh... sure," i replied.

soobin pov:

"are you okay?" a familiar voice asked as i looked up. y/n came and sat beside me as i replied, "no." "it's alright... everything will be alright... nothing will happen to your sister, alright?" y/n said. "thank you y/n..." i said. she took out a pack of tissues and passed one to me, saying, "you'll need this."

"don't cry alright? i really can't console people, so don't cry alright?" y/n said. i wiped off my tears as i told her, "okay, i won't cry... noona told me before that boys cannot cry, she'll be disappointed if she sees me cry... she said i must be strong so that i can protect her in the future..." 

she wrapped her arms around me as she patted my back. each time she patted my back, i felt myself gradually feeling better. other than my sister, no one has made me ever felt like this. "can we stay like that for a while?" i blurted out. choi soobin- what's going on with you?

"uh... sure," she replied. at that moment, happiness filled me, somehow. i know i shouldn't be happy since sooyoung noona's in the emergency operating room, but being with y/n really makes me at ease. hugging her, i could feel her heartbeat and realised that our heartbeats were really going at the same pace. is this what they mean about her being my soulmate?

a.n hehehehe one update :)) science is boring ._. it's great to write wattpad in class hehe but it's not great when my results come out LMAO 

but it's okay, i don't really care that much about studies, not that i don't care at all but results don't mean everything to me so i guess it's fine :D writing wattpad helps me destress so i guess happiness is more important than exams and studies :))