c h a p t e r t w e n t y f i v e

soobin pov:

"seat for two please," i said. "okay, this way please," he said, bringing y/n and i to a seat near the window. "here's the menu, do call a waiter when you are ready to order," he said, smiling as he put the menus on the table. he bowed and then he left. 

"same food?" i asked y/n. "sounds good. i like the steak the last time round," she said. i raised my hand as a waiter came over. "hello, may i help both of you?" she asked. "two steaks please," i said. 

"oh, sorry, we are not selling steaks today. to celebrate the upcoming valentines day, we have changed the menu to set meals in pairs only, do take a look," she said. we both opened the menu and looked through, it was different-

"ah okay- we will need some time to consider," i said as the waitress bowed and left. "that was awkward-" i said as soon as the waitress left. "yeah it was, let's choose something else to eat..." y/n said. 

y/n and i decided to go with tomato fusilli and beef bolognese set as we called the waitress back. "your order?" she asked. "this set please," y/n said, pointing to the set meal we agreed on. "okay, your order has been sent to the kitchen," she said as she bowed and left. 

"so... do you have any plans after leaving the company?" y/n asked. "yeah, probably find a new job and get a girlfriend. i'm already 23, my parents are chasing me to get a girlfriend already-" i said. "oo okay... all the best then. we probably won't be meeting anymore since we usually only meet in the office, right?" y/n said.

hearing that, i somehow felt sad. "mhm yeah, if you want though we can meet outside of work," i said. choi soobin- what are you saying- "sure," she replied. as soon as i heard her reply, my heart, for some reason, skipped a beat. was i happy with her reply?

soon, the food came as we all dug into our food. as we were eating, suddenly, someone came to our table. "hello! wow, you two look so compatible! since valentines' day is coming soon, our restaurant has an event! we will be taking film photos for couples for free! would both of you like to take a photo?" the person said. 

we look compatible- "sure," y/n said. "okay, sit closer you two," she said, taking up her camera. "make a cute pose, you two," she said. y/n decided to poke her cheek as i followed along. i didn't even know what i was doing- "ooo, cute cute. another one? make a heart!" the person said. both of us put our fingers up into finger hearts as she took the photo. 

"here are your photos!" she said, passing me the photos. "thank you," i said. "should we keep one each?" y/n asked. "mhm sure," i said. "i want this one, keep this one," she said, taking the one we put finger hearts. "okay sure, let's continue eating," i said. 

y/n pov:

"so... do you have any plans after leaving the company?" i asked. "yeah, probably find a new job and get a girlfriend. i'm already 23, my parents are chasing me to get a girlfriend already-" he said. "oo okay... all the best then. we probably won't be meeting anymore since we usually only meet in the office, right?" i said.

knowing that i might never see soobin again, i felt quite sad. it was nice to have a friend like him, now i'm just gonna be alone like in the past. it used to be only at home, guess i'll be alone in the office too. "mhm yeah, if you want though we can meet outside of work," he said. at that moment, i suddenly felt a spurt of happiness. why was i being like this?

"sure," i replied. i was happy. i wouldn't be lonely after all. if course, i can't have someone with me 24/7, but even one hour would make me content. its always better to have someone with you for one hour than never, right?

a.n heheh i took long enough to write this-