c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n

soobin pov:

soon, the operating room's door opened as i immediately rushed to the doctor who walked out. "is she okay?" i asked. "you are her..." "brother," i said. "her condition is more stable now, but she needs to be under observation now. she might wake up anytime, you can go in to see her," the doctor said. 

"thank you doctor," i said as i rushed into the ward. "noona... nothing must happen to you..." i said as i held her hand. "see, your sister's condition is stable. nothing will happen to her, okay?" y/n said.

"you should go back to work... you're still under internship, it isn't good to leave mr kim a bad impression," i said. "okay, call me if anything happens alright? i'll come over straight after work," y/n said.

"no no, just go home. i'll be fine here," i said. "really? i'll just drop off dinner for you then, please," y/n said. "okay fine, only if it isn't troublesome for you alright?" i told her. "yes, okay, i'll go back now okay?" y/n said. suddenly, my stomach started to grumble- 

"oops... we didn't have lunch so i'm a little hungry heh," i said. "oh it's fine," she said. she looked through her bag and took out a small packet of cake as she passed it to me. "here, this will fill the stomach," she said as i took the cake from her. "thanks," i said. she waved me goodbye and left the ward. 

"noona... nothing must happen to you..." i said. 

flashback to five years ago

"i'm home!" sooyoung said. "yay noona, you're back!" i exclaimed as i ran to her and gave her a tight hug. "aish... you're already 18 yet you act like you're 8..." she said as she hugged me back. both of us were really close, she always played with me despite the amount of work she had to do. whenever appa was taking care of eomma, she would be taking care of me.

"soobin dongsaeng... you cannot cry okay? boys must be strong, so that they will never get bullied. next time when you grow up, you must take care of noona alright?" she would say whenever i cried. "okay noona! i will never let anything happen to you!" i would say as she would wipe off my tears. 

"oh yeah, my boss said that there's a very good opportunity at the states, it's a five year course. he says that it's a rare once-in-a-lifetime experience!" she said. "what? noona, are you going to leave me here?" i asked. "sorry soobin dongsaeng... i'll be back after five years, and we can always videocall!" she said. 

"go ahead, sooyoung-ie, your work is more important," my father said. "sooyoung noona, do you really have to go?" i asked. "my boss said it's a great opportunity, to learn and to experience!" she replied. "soobin, come here. let your sister go alright? she'll come back anyway," my father said. 

"fine noona... but we must videocall everyday, alright?" i said. "yes dongsaeng, i will," she said as she patted my head. soon, the day for her to leave came, and we bid her goodbye. oh god- i cried so much that day, she even mocked me for looking like a bulldog ._. "noona... i'll miss you... please come back soon, alright?" i said, hugging her.

"i will try my best to come back soon, alright? my boss said that i could come back one year earlier if i do well in the first four years, i'll try my best alright?" she said. "yes noona, you must do really really well, come back within one year alright?" i said. she chuckled after hearing what i said and replied, "okay dongsaeng, i'll try, but don't be too disappointed next year if i don't come back alright. now, stop crying, you bulldog."

*end of flashback*

noona... please wake up...

a.n o_O so emo- gawd :o didn't know i could write this kind of stuff ._. 

the way i'm actually fortune telling what's gonna happen in soobin's future- i mean, if he was 18 five years ago, doesn't that make him 23- okay movin' on-

anywayyy leave a vote if you liked this chapter :)) it motivates me to write more heh