c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

soobin pov:

sooyoung noona just spent the next hour and more piling y/n with questions like how's work what's her family background and all that. all i did there was just stare at them. i mean- they claimed it to be some 'girl's conversation' which apparently 'boys can't join' so i could only just sit there.

sooyoung noona didn't look sick all. why could someone as nice as her be diagnosed with stomach cancer? no... this can't be true... and why did my dream turn out differently from reality? i dreamt of sooyoung noona dying in an airplane crash, but noona's being  hospitalised due to a car crash? these dreams are weird, maybe i shouldn't believe them too much.

"ah noona it's late already, we will get going first. both of us haven't eaten dinner yet. after we finish eating, i'll come back to accompany you okay?" i said. "no. after you two finish eating, be a gentleman and send her home. it's going to be so late, it's not safe for her to go home alone," sooyoung noona said. "o... okay," i replied.

"we will get going first then, sooyoung unnie," y/n said. "bye y/n dongsaeng, bye soobin dongsaeng. soobin-ah, take care of y/n well okay?" she asked. "okay noona, we will get going first," i said. with that, we left the ward. 

"anything you want to eat in particular?" i asked. "not really," she replied. "you didn't have lunch either did you? it's not good to be skipping meals already. i know you love your work and all but, meals cannot be skipped," i said. "okayyy, let's go eat okay?" y/n said, "let's just go to xx restaurant, i saw it on the way here." "okay sure, let's go," i said. 

>> small time skip >>

soon, we reached the restaurant and found a two-person seat near the window. "so... sangmin did it?" y/n asked. "yeah," i replied. "did she tell you why?" i asked. do i tell y/n it's because she likes me and wants to get rid of her? that's dumb- 

"n... no, she didn't tell me," i replied. "that sounds suspicious... you sure she didn't say anything? so she just confessed to causing the accident with sooyoung unnie but didn't say why? and you didn't ask?" y/n asked. "it's just some conflict between me and her, she was meant to crash into me," i lied. "oh... maybe you should stay away from her next time?"

"okay," i replied, "anyway, let's not talk about this. let's order food." "okay, what do you want to eat?" y/n asked. "hmm, i'll just get this steak," i replied, "how about you?" "i'll get the steak too then, i wasn't sure what to eat but since you chose it i'm sure it tastes good," y/n replied.

we called the waiter over as we placed our orders. "two steaks, medium rare, am i right?" the waiter asked, reciting our order. "yeah, thank you," i replied. "i actually haven't eaten here before," y/n said, "it just looked good from outside." "lol same here actually," i replied. "why did you order the steak then?" y/n asked. 

"i have a habit of ordering steak whenever i eat at western restaurants i've never eaten at. it's just a piece of meat, so it can't really turn out too bad," i said. "that's true, and that's so smart. i should start doing that too. i always suffer the misery of having to finish stale fish," y/n said. "we can have steaks together from now on then," i said. that- was- awkward- "sure," y/n replied. 

a.n heh i wrote this so slow-