c h a p t e r f i f t y

a.n i really feel sad that this story is ending soon. this is the story i prob spent the longest on :))

y/n pov: 

>> small time skip >>

we soon reached the hospital as i went to the usual ward she was at. i pushed the doors open excitedly as i said, "mom!" to my horror, the bed was fully covered by the blanket and there were nurses standing all around. "um, what happened here?" i asked. "oh y/n you're here. mdm park jangsi has just... left..." the nurse said. 

does it mean... mom is... gone? no... this can't be happening... "is she really gone?" i asked. "yes... i'm so sorry y/n... she was undergoing hand therapy and she went too far... she went for a dumbbell too heavy her hands couldn't manage and um... yeah... since she was working out too long already, her body was already quite tired and she decided to go past her limits. she said she wanted to grow stronger so that she would be able to be discharged and be with you forever..." the nurse said.  

"no... mom come back please!" i said, shaking the woman now lying on the bed unconscious. "i'm so sorry y/n... we thought that mdm park would be used to going through therapy so we didn't keep too close an eye on her... we're really sorry, we have already tried our best..." she said. "what kind of doctors are y'all? not even keeping a close eye on your own patients?" i shouted as i slowly fell onto the ground. i can't believe it... all my closest family members are gone... just like that... if only i came earlier... 

"we will be burning her body soon, so please leave after seeing her, i will get going first," the nurse said, bowing and leaving the room. "what kind of useless doctors are these.. aren't doctors and nurses meant to save lives? they're literally ending lives!" i shouted as tears started streaming out. "i'm so sorry for you y/n... i... i shouldn't have left you from the morning! this is all my fault... i'm really sorry y/n... if only we came earlier, if only sangmin didn't do all that!" he said as he sat beside me, pulling me into a hug. 

"it's okay y/n... it's okay... even though auntie left, there's still me! i'll never leave you," he said. "thanks soobin," i said, hugging him tight, "what would i do without you?" "do you wanna go home now?" he asked. "sure," i replied, nodding, "i'm sure a nap would help." "let's go then," he said as he wiped the tears off my face, "don't cry so much, smile more." i forced a smile out as he patted my head, "not this kind of forced smile, a real genuine smile," and he let out the most beautiful smile i've ever seen. 

>> small time skip >> 

soobin brought me back into my room as he bid me goodbye. "i'll find you later, when you're feeling better. call me anytime, alright?" he asked. "can you... not leave? it's better with you here..." i said. i really wanted the company of someone right now, and i knew it was soobin's company i wanted. "sure," he said, sitting by the side of my bed. "goodnight y/n-ie, i shall also take a nap too then," he said, and soon we both fell into deep slumber. 

thank you soobin, for always being here with me, staying by my side, and being the best person i've ever met in my life. i really can't imagine, how would all of this be like if you weren't here with me. this whole world may not change without your existence, but my whole life has. thank you, soobin. 

a.n hehe so the ending- are yall content with this ending hehe idek if i did it well or if it'll be to your likings :) i'm content with it tho :D but ofc if yall have any suggestions or feedback do lmk! just comment here or dm (to ur preference :D) 

and i end with a song again :) 

i chose kidult by seventeen cuz i really like the first three words, gweanchanha (it's okay). means quite a lot to me so :))

괜찮아, 너의 세상은 지금의 너 그대로
소중하고 또 소중해서 whoa
Stay here with me
어른스럽게 웃어넘긴 뒤에
어린애같이 울 때에도
우린 참 닮았어 함께해
너의 모습 그대로 어른 아이처럼

It's okay. Your world is fine
You are who you are
It's precious and precious
Stay here with me
After laughing like a grown-up
Even when crying like a child
We look alike. We're together
Just the way you are
Like a grown-up child

and it's the end already!!! do y'all want an epilogue tho? do lmk hehe

that's all for now, bye!! (yes i plan to start on the next story soon :))