c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

soobin pov:

we went down the taxi as i paid the taxi driver and we thanked the driver. we went up to the ward sooyoung noona was in as i knocked the door. there was no reply, somehow. isn't noona meant to be inside? as a doctor walked past, i asked, "excuse me, may i ask where is this patient?" 

"choi sooyoung... she's having some treatment right now, she should be back already though..." the doctor said. "what treatment is she having?" y/n asked me. "you don't know? it's stomach cancer treatment," the doctor said. "dongsaeng ah? you're here?" i heard sooyoung noona asking from behind me.

i turned to look at her. her lips looked pale and this was the weakest i've ever seen her. "noona... are you okay?" i asked. "do you know about it already?" she asked. "no," i lied. "well, then i'll tell you when time is ripe," she said.

"no noona, i want to know now!" i said. "there's no point in telling you, what can you even do?" she asked. "why didn't you tell me earlier? it's cancer! cancer is fatal! you might just die anytime do you know that?" i asked. "so you know... yes it's stomach cancer stage III. and what are you going to do with that information?" she asked. 

"let me bring you back to your ward," i said, holding her hands and helping her back to the bed. "noona, since you're sick, you should rest well," i said. "okay dongsaeng i will. how did you know about it? did the doctor tell you?" she asked. "yes, and i also overheard it earlier today. you were talking to the other doctor," i replied. 

"ah gosh- anyway, i'll be fine, the doctor said that there is a 9% survival rate. with the experts here, i'm sure i'll be cured so don't worry about it alright?" she said. "9%? out of 100%? that's so low noona! what if you-" before i could go on, she cut me off, "shush soobin, we got all the experts here and all, what makes you think my cancer can't be cured? with the technology now, it's possible. don't be so pessimistic!" 

"okay noona fine, but you cannot keep anything else from me from now on," i said. "okay dongsaeng," she said, ruffling my hair. "hello," y/n said. "oh hello, you are... y/n! right?" she asked. "yes," y/n replied. "ah don't be so formal with me, just call me unnie," she said. "okay sooyoung unnie," y/n said as she did a slight bow. 

y/n pov:

what's going on? soobin's sister is diagnosed with... stomach cancer? and it's already stage III? the survival rate is 9%? oh. my. god. it's not going well... it really isn't... "oh yeah, was it sangmin?" i asked. "sangmin? who's that?" soobin's sister asked. "oh... i was just asking something about... work..." i lied. "it was sangmin," soobin replied. "okay," i said. 

why did sangmin have to do such a thing? i mean, she made me do her work and all, it's all acceptable. but... to the extent of causing an accident? and how was it so easy for soobin to find out? sangmin could've just played dumb and acted like it wasn't her, why didn't soobin want me to be there as he asked, what's going on between those two?

a.n first update of today hehhe after today full HBL is starting i honestly hate it but we can't do anything about it >-<