c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e

soobin pov:

after i sent y/n home, i went back to the hospital. "noona," i called. "yes dongsaeng. i'm still awake," she said. "why didn't you want to tell me..." i asked. "like i said earlier, what can you even do after knowing?" she asked. "but still... you do know cancer is fatal, right? at least give me some mental preperation can't you?" i asked. 

"okayy i'll tell you next time, alright?" she said. "next time? you still want a next time? no noona, no more next time. i don't look forward to a next time okay?" i said. "okay dongsaeng. i'm tired, i want to sleep. you should get some rest too, you have work tomorrow," she said. "okay noona," i said and she closed her eyes. 

this is weird. my dream. it was a lie. it said sooyoung noona died in an airplane crash, but she didn't. she just got into a car crash with sangmin but, she's still alive. why does the dream... why is it inaccurate. i dreamt of the exact scene when it was raining that time though. my dreams are sometimes accurate, sometimes inaccurate? this is confusing...

imma just sleep. let's see what i'll dream of tonight... will it be something that'll happen after or no? i'm getting curious about this 'dream' stuff. this is so weird, the dreams of y/n, the dreams which really happen and those that don't, this is all so confusing... 

>> time skip to next morning lmao (did you think you'd get a dream- nah idek what to write) >>

i opened my eyes as i saw sooyoung noona looking at me. "dongsaeng ah~ you're awake?" she asked, patting my head. "yes noona," i said as i flashed her a smile. i didn't know if today would be the last day i would see her since cancer is fatal, but i'm going to just appreciate every moment i have with sooyoung noona.

"good morning my dongsaeng, oh yeah, did you tell appa and eomma about me yet?" she asked. "oH- oh no noona! i forgot! omaigawd eomma and appa are going to be so worried. i took my phone and turned it on as there was a whole string of notifications.

appa

soobin ah

where are you?

it's late already

soobin ah, if you're
not coming home, at
least let us know first

soobin ah, are you okay?

soobin ah

yah

don't ignore your appa

oh golly, appa is gonna be so angry.

sorry appa

i didn't check my phone

i'm in the hospital
Seen

hospital??? choi
soobin! what did
you do?

i forgot to tell you appa

sooyoung noona is back

before i went on to tell appa about sooyoung noona's condition, i looked up at her. "why?" she asked. "can i tell appa and eomma? about your cancer?" i asked. "don't tell them first. appa has eomma to worry about, i don't want to add on to his burden," she said. "okay noona," i said.

sooyoung noona's gastric
pain acted up

so we're both at the hospital

since i spent the day dealing
with sooyoung noona's hospital
visit, i forgot about letting you
know first... 

sorry appa

ah okay

come back soon okay?

which ward is your
noona in? 

i'm coming

you have to go to
work

"noona, appa wants to come," i told her. "okay, but don't tell him about the cancer, okay? i'm currently under treatment already, there's no need for him to know," she said.