c h a p t e r f o u r t y

y/n pov:

>> time skip to before the bday party B) >> 

 now... what do i wear? i looked into that closet of mine. was there anything presentable? nope. was there anything for a party? nope. y'all would be thinking, oh all women have a closet full of fanciful clothes for all sorts of occasions. nope, not me. i mean, not nope to me being a woman, nope to me not having a closet full.

though i wear different clothes to work, those are all clothes for work and work only. they aren't for parties. other than work clothes, i only have my pajamas. you think that's presentable? nuh uh. SO WHAT AM I GONNA WEAR?!?!?! send urgent help please :0

i looked through the closet, ugh there's really nothing. what am i gonna do??? i can't buy anything now, soobin may be coming over anytime. sheesh what do i do what do i dooooo? at that moment, a box caught my eye. it was a box as a gift from my father last year. even though mom and dad divorced when i was three, he still sent yearly birthday gifts. 

i haven't been opening gifts from him ever since i turned 18. i decided to let go of the fact i had a father, since he chose to let go of us too. should i just see though? now that it's there, let's just open it and take a glance. it wouldn't hurt to look at it, right? i slowly took the three boxes out (y/n's 21) and opened them one by one.

the first one had a small card and some biscuits in it. "y/n ah... you're 19 already... it's been a long time since i've seen you. how are you? in the past, you'd beg me for these biscuits. they aren't expensive or what, but i know you'll like them. in the past, i had to queue for hours just to get them for you, but now they're readily available everywhere. i'm sure you have the money to buy it now though... i don't even know you well, do you even like these biscuits anymore? still, hope you like them and happy 19th birthday my beloved daughter!!!"

i looked at those biscuits as many childhood memories came back. ahh i miss those days, those days he carried me on his back and queued for hours just to get me those biscuits... okay stop thinking about this, that's not the main point- next box... a card and something wrapped in paper (those you use to wrap clothes ndhebejejhfjdj) i looked at the card... "y/n ah... it's the 17th year we have been separated. i know it was wrong of me to leave the family like that, but your mom was really being annoying and i hated that. i'm sorry to be talking about your mother like that, but even though i left your mom, i loved you dearly. now, i will tell you more about me. i am now the boss of the largest company in korea, kim foods. i have a daughter of similar age as you, she's a really nice girl. anyway, i've gotten a dress for you, i hope it fits. i used the measurements for my daughter cuz i thought she would be of similar size as you. since both of you are around the same age, i just got something her size. hope you like the dress :)"

wait... daughter? boss of kim foods? no it can't be... this is not happening... wait so... sangmin is my stepsister? ever since dad left, i took after mom's last name, park. holy moly- anyway, not the time for this. i took the dress out and took a look. it was a sky blue knee length dress with some laces at the sides. not too fancy but not too plain, just how i liked it. damn this dress is beautiful. anyway, i'm just gonna wear this for the party, it's the only thing that fits now~

a.n did y'all like it? how sangmin and y/n are stepsisters :0 i just thought of it so i hope y'all liked it too :)