c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n

soobin pov:

suddenly, i felt her hand move as i quickly looked up at her. "dongsaeng ah... where am i?" she asked. "noona! you're awake!" i said, "you're in the hospital cuz some car banged into you." "oh... did the doctor say anything about my condition?" she asked. "no noona, he just said your condition is stable and you will need to stay for two days under observation that's all," i said.

sooyoung pov:

"no noona, he just said your condition is stable and you will need to stay for two days under observation that's all," soobin said. ahh that's a relief... "okay, don't you need to work though?" i asked. "i'll just tell mr kim later that i'm taking the day off," he said. "no dongsaeng, you should go to work. work is more important. moreover, you can visit me after work," i said.

"are you sure you'll be okay alone noona?" soobin asked. "yes dongsaeng, i'll be fine," i said. "okay noona, i'll get going then. stay safe, call me if anything happens okay?" soobin asked. "yes, okay go to work now. i'll be fine alone," i said. with that, he left the ward. 

he doesn't know about my condition does he...

*flashback to four year ago*

"choi sooyoung, you are diagnosed with stage III stomach cancer. however, if you manage your meal times well, there is a high chance your stomach cancer can be cured," the doctor said. "stomach cancer? how much longer can i live then?" i asked. 

"it's still stage III, so there's about five years and more, but of course, if you go for treatment and follow the instructions from the doctor, it can be cured," he said. "how much is treatment?" i asked. "the total cost would be $8,000. but that will include staying in the hospital and surgery fees," he said. $8,000? i'm only one year into work, i can't be spending so much already! 

"this cancer can be treated later right?" i asked. "of course, yes. however, the success rate will get lower as you drag the treatment," he said. "okay thank you, i'll get back to you soon," i said. i left the hospital and went back to the office. 

"sooyoung, are you okay?" a close friend of mine, jaeyang asked. "yeah, it's nothing much, just the normal gastric pains," i said. i lied. it was cancer. but if i told them i'm suffering from this, they might just send me back to korea. i can't let that happen, this was such a rare opportunity. 

"this is why i tell you, eat at regular timings. stop skipping meals will you?" he asked. "yes okay, stop nagging gosh you sound like a mom," i said. "okay, but really, you have to take care of yourself. you have to learn to take care of yourself before you can take care of others," he said. "yes sir, i will alright? get back to work, we  don't want mr yang to be angry," i said. 

*end of flashback*

i called the doctor in. "yes ms choi, may i help you?" he asked. "i was diagnosed with stomach cancer stage III four years ago, could i do a check again this year?" i asked. "of course ms choi, we will look into it right now," he said as he turned to leave the ward. "wait, can you not tell any of my family members?" i asked. "for patient privacy, of course," he said. 

a.n gn people i'm sleepy :' becuz of covid, HBL's gna start and i'm gna hate it

anywayyy yes give a vote if you liked this chapter!