Chapter 5

Xu Manor

Xu Ling Ai finally arrived at the manor. The feeling of dread surround her. But it was not her real feeling so she is not afraid.

There is no one who is welcoming her. She couldn't care less. The manor was familiar to her and she slowly walk inside the manor and went straight to the main hall.

All of them were stunned by her petite figure. She is still wearing a veil.

"Xu Ling Ai welcome back. It has been years since we met." First Miss of Xu Family, Xu Jia Wen said bitterly while eyeing Xu Ling Ai.

"It has been awhile sister. Don't look at me like I am some Cinderella character." Xu Ling Ai look at her straight into the eyes while smirking.

She couldn't recognise the girl but based on her tone, she is definitely her stepsister. She then changed her direction to her so called father.

"I have come back. Why did you ask me to come back?" Straightforwardly question without any hidden meaning.

Xu Ling Ai was supposed to hide her real character but she just wouldn't seal it from the Xu Family.

"Xu Ling Ai you have just come home. You don't know how to pay respect to the elders?" Second Madam Gu pretentious voice can be heard. The word "home" is not very pleasant.

"Big Sister. You forgot that Ling Ai live in country side. So it is normal for her to be imprudent." Concubine Mao voiced out and laugh.

"Ling Ai open your veil first and pay respect to us." Her father Xu Bei Hong finally let out a sentence.

'Y'all really want to see this Miss World right? Then I will gladly show you.' She then snatched harshly her veil leaving her flawless face. Her beauty stunned them. How did she become so beautiful?

"Who are you? Are you really Xu Ling Ai?" Xu Li Mei, Second Miss of Xu Manor. She wouldn't want to accept the truth. How did she become so flawless? She feel so jealous.

"Oh my sister I know we've never met for years. But how come you actually forget me? Do you have memory loss?" Xu Ling Ai snickered with a teasing tone.

"You!" Xu Li Mei screamed at Xu Ling Ai.

"Enough enough! Xu Ling Ai listen. I told you to come back because of something important." Her father interrupt their little conversation.

"What is it father?" Her every move is so poised and dignified that no one would guessed she live in the country side despite having a snake tongue.

But on the inside, she struggled to keep herself acting like a proper lady.

"A royal decree has come to our manor and it states for you to marry His Highness Duke Su."

But her modern accent came out when she heard the old man said that,

"What?! Bullshit! Old man are you crazy? I wouldn't marry someone I don't know." She couldn't contained herself. Xu Ling Ai had no intention on being a real lady anymore. She is just gonna be herself.

What the heck? Even in the modern world, she had never date anyone. And now in here she will get marry to someone unknown. Like seriously?

"Do you want to destroy the Xu family? Do you want your dead mother to be curse by people because of you?!" Her father enraged by her rejection.

"I don't care about your Xu family. I will stay here one night and leave tomorrow." She has no relationship with Xu Manor or the real Xu Ling Ai's mother.

She is just a modern girl who died but accidentally transferred here. Xu Ling Ai then left the hall and went straight to her mother room.

She plan on heading back to the forest tomorrow morning. So right now she had to shamelessly stay here for one night.

'I know I am being selfish. I'm sorry Xu Ling Ai. I will not marry someone who do not love me. Never in a million years. How about my Xiao Zhan and my oppa?'

Xu Ling Ai confidently barged into the old room. She look around the room. It was very old. Full of dust.

She then proceed to clean up the room with the broom that she found at the corner of the room. After some times, she decided to rest for a bit.

Unexpectedly, her eyes fell on a painting on the table. It was covered by a white fabric. She accidentally pull up the fabric too quick causing the dust to flew all over the place again.

"Cough! Cough!" Xu Ling Ai coughing so hard while waving her hands.

A few minute later, inside the old room a heart-wrenching sobbing can be heard throughout the room.

"Mom- How? Why did you left dad so early? Do you know that he suffered a lot?"

She was very surprised when she an old painting who look very familiar. It was her mother. How could she not recognise her mom's face?

Her mom in the modern world look the same as the lady in the painting. The lady might not be her real mother but the fact that they had the same face made Xu Ling Ai believe it was fate.

A whimpering figure kneeling on the floor hugging an old painting. She couldn't believe her mom is also here but again her mom is not alive. Why is her fate like this?

"Mom, I really don't want to get married but they're going to curse you if I refuse. And I won't let that happen." Her voice quavering so bad.

"I will marry him. Don't worry I will try to be happy. Please bless me mom." A great tremor overtook her. She held her tears with so much strength.

"God you better watch me change the history. You will regret sending me to this era!" She yell angrily because of her unfair fate.

She really wanted to cry but once she cry, she can't stop. She went to the hall again with anger. Her face was red.

"I agreed. But once I get married, we are not related to each other again. All of you are not my family anymore." She sternly declared it and leave the hall unhurried.

They are astonish by her action again. Xu family couldn't believe that she casted them away. They are the one who should cast her away not the other way around.

P.S.
Where did y'all came from?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R