Chapter 39

The Manor's Backyard Lakeside

"Why would I cry? We don't even have any relationship. Just a marriage on the paper." She stared down at the lake. It has been one hour since she sat there sulking. The once empty lake started to fill with water.

After the argument, she went to the backyard wanting to be alone. It was raining heavily but she just don't care. Her earlier beautiful white and yellow robes were stained by the chocolate and sand ground colour.

Rain fell on her face but couldn't care less. Her eyes was red and teary. Xu Ling Ai feels like her heart is aching so much. And she never feel this way before.

"I shouldn't have put any hope. Stupid Xu Ling Ai!" Xu Ling Ai hit her own thigh.

"Does he really think he is so mighty?! Jerk!!" She screamed on top of her lung.

"That freaking assbutt! How could he did this to me? I haven't date anyone yet an ancient guy decided to reject me? This modern girl? He lost a freaking gem!" Xu Ling Ai were very angry that she just spit out anything that she want.

Continuing looking at the lake, she saw her own figure. Xu Ling Ai look so messy with her hair wet flowing everywhere. She took off all of the accessories and throw it away.

"Let's go back! And never see that jerk again!" Xu Ling Ai took off her shoes and getting ready to jump.

She close her eyes and jump but a hand pulled her so strong that she bumped hard into a chest. Xu Ling Ai look up and her eyes meet him. She quickly push him away.

"What are you doing here?" She ask with a cold tone. Her pale skin and lips had turned blue due to the coldness.

"Have you gone crazy?!" Li Zhao voice were even more thunderous and loud.

"Don't you dare shout at me." She look at him with a challenging eyes.

"I will do what I want to do. And you can go do your most important matters for all I care." Xu Ling Ai stand at the lake side.

"Go back to your chamber." Li Zhao said sternly. His human conscience started to slip away. He is afraid that he will lose himself again.

Li Zhao were supposed to be at the underground room being cuffed but here he is running from the room just to meet her.

"Oh shut up! You don't tell me what to do." The formalities were all gone.

Li Zhao suddenly started to held Xu Ling Ai's hand and dragged her away from the lake. He is afraid if he let go of her, she will jump.

"Let go of me! Let me go you jerk!" Xu Ling Ai stubbornly stand on her ground. She struggles to let his grip off of her.

But he was too strong. Once they are half steps, Li Zhao turn around and accidentally raise his voice at her.

"What is wrong with you?!" He was basically roaring.

Thunder keep rumble on the sky. Xu Ling Ai were shocked by his mad condition. If it was in a normal day, she would be hundred percent afraid of his raising tone. But now she is also mad.

Xu Ling Ai wouldn't back out and continue struggling. The most unwanted things happen when her hand accidentally flew on it's own.

She slapped him on the face. However, one of her finger stuck on his masks and accidentally ripped it off. The masks fell on the ground leaving Li Zhao's face bare.

"I- I didn't mean it.." Xu Ling Ai herself were too shocked by her own doing.

She regret her action that her hands were shaking so bad. She didn't meant it. Closing her eyes tightly, not wanting to invade his privacy.

"Is this what you wish to know?!" Li Zhao himself was too surprised. His eyes had already turned black with red around. He don't want to show her this side of him.

"Look at benwang!" He couldn't keep himself at bay anymore. He don't care if anyone want to look away from him but not her.

She was afraid. Her heart were beating so fast. Not afraid of him but afraid of her own mistakes. Xu Ling Ai shuddered when he spoke.

'Will he kill me? But I deserve it.' She thought with her eyes close tight.

"Open your eyes." Looking at her static figure, he thought that she is afraid of him so he lower his tone.

The rain had already stopped. Her hand clenched into fist. She was considering whether to open or keep it close.

Hearing there's no sound, she open her eyes slowly. When she saw that he is still there, she wanted to close them again.

But a huge hand held in front of her. That makes her flinch. The way she flinch made him feel monstrous. Li Zhao touch her chin.

"Look at this lord! I would never hurt you." This time, she obey. She trusts him.

His full features of face were visible on her sight. Her eyes fell on the left side that he always covered.

She now know why he hide it away from everyone. There was a black mark on his eye area. It was more like tattoo. The shape was kinda like a wing.

She was expecting something like scars or something. But this is way different than what she thought.

Unconsciously, she reached out her hand towards his face. Xu Ling Ai traced the shape of the black mark. It was so unique that she couldn't believe tattoos exist in ancient era.

"Your Highness!" Wu Xi presence gained Li Zhao attention.

Earlier, Li Zhao escaped the room because he couldn't be at ease knowing that she is out there alone and angry.

Xu Ling Ai couldn't tear her gaze off of him. For her, it was beautiful. Why would he hide it?

On the other hand, Li Zhao finally feel the pain engulfed his body. He realised it was full moon. His eyes turned black and red. His mark also had turn bright red.

Xu Ling Ai's eye widen seeing him changing his eyes colour back and forth. He resists to change to the fullest form so Xu Ling Ai won't be frightened.

"Princess Consort get away from His Highness!" Wu Xi screamed to gain Xu Ling Ai's attention. But Xu Ling Ai stand there froze.

Li Zhao started to kneel down. His body feel like it was tearing apart. Xu Ling Ai approach him without any hesitation.

"What is happening to him?!" She too feel panicked that she scold Wu Xi.

"This is none of your concern Princess Consort. So I beg you to stay away from His Highness." Wu Xi said and a group of men arrived in no time.

"I want to know what is happening to him!" Xu Ling Ai impatiently said. Li Zhao groaned in pain. His hair started to turn white from the roots.

"Xu Ling Ai. Go back to your chamber. I am fine." Li Zhao forced out the sentence. He is trying so hard holding himself. Li Zhao don't want to scared her more.

"No. I want to help you!"

"Wu Xi escort Xu Ling Ai to her chamber." Wu Xi then forcefully escort Xu Ling Ai away from there.

Wu Xi told Gu Mama to lock the door. And Xu Ling Ai screamed to let her go from the inside.

P.S.
She saw him without mask.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R