Chapter 52

The manor gain it peacefulness after Xu Ling Ai and Li Zhao open up to each other. They are getting closer now. The manor have never been this peaceful. The servants feel glad that they are not walking on a a thin thread anymore.

However, no one knows that a chaos was about to came. The harmonic manor suddenly got ambushed by the imperial guards. The fact that the are carrying the weapons indicate that something bad was about to happen.

"Nobody is allowed to move. It's the emperor's decree!" The head of the imperial guards commanding all the servant to gather up and shows their identity.

"What is happening?! Why is the guards coming in like you're going to catch a criminal?" Gu Mama as the head of the manor came out instantly.

"We're indeed here to catch a criminal." The imperial guard who brings the decree said.

The servants gasps as they wait for their princess consort to come out. Xu Ling Ai is nowhere to be seen. She is currently in her lab processing the last step for the poison. She believes that once she knows how to make it, she will eventually be able to cure Li Zhao.

"Imprudent! This is the Duke Su's manor! There is no criminal here!" Gu Mama sternly said.

The worse case is only Xu Ling Ai and the servants is in the manor.

"This is the emperor's decree! Do you dare to defy?!" This instantly bring everyone on their knees. Defying an imperial decree would be asking for losing head.

"Search for Xu Ling Ai and capture her alive! She try to poison Duke Su!" This sentence make all of the gasps. They couldn't believe what they heard.

"You must be wrong. How can Princess Consort try to poison her own husband?" Gu Mama try to reason them out. She knows Xu Ling Ai wouldn't do that.

A minute later, two guards dragged Xu Ling Ai out from the lab. She struggles from their tight hold.

"Let me go!" Xu Ling Ai yell but they ignore her.

"Xu Ling Ai you are under arrest for producing a deadly poison and trying to poison Duke Su." The guards stated with no mercy. They only did as per asked.

"W-what are you talking about?" Xu Ling Ai feel dumbfounded as she look at the guards wanting him to explain.

"We found the evidence in the secret room where you developed the poison." Several guards bring out all of the ingredients of the vampire poison.

"T-this..." Xu Ling Ai was speechless. She don't know how to defend herself. She couldn't say that she was helping Li Zhao. She couldn't let anyone know that Li Zhao is infected by the poison.

Xu Ling Ai had no choice but to stay silent. Gu Mama look at her wanting her to deny it. But the way Xu Ling Ai stay silent make her feel angry.

"Princess Consort say something! I know you will never do that!" Gu Mama demanded an answer.

"Gu Mama I will be back very soon. Tell Li Zhao not to do something rashly. And tell him I will be fine." Xu Ling Ai said and she went away with the guards.

The Palace

The court were completely cold and dead silence. No one was there except the emperor and the head eunuch.