Chapter 48

After countless of attacking and defending, they finally come to an abrupt stop when Chanyu notice that Xu Ling Ai is being hold by the mask man.

Using his bare minimum of the martial arts, Chanyu got knock down by the assassins. They kneeled him on his stomach that made him kneel on the floor.

She froze and couldn't move because of the sword directing to her neck. To be honest, she is not even afraid of death because she is already dead.

But she is afraid of the pain. Sweats gather on her forehead. Looking at Chanyu's giving up on defending because of her, she sigh. She feel like she is the cause of this.

"If you want to kill me, just do it. But let him go." Xu Ling Ai remarks bravely. She is not going to risks someone else's life.

"Xu Ling Ai! What are you talking about?" Chanyu scold her. He couldn't move because he was forced to kneel down and the assassins was around them.

Suddenly, a laugh disrupted the restaurant. The mask man look at Chanyu and Xu Ling Ai back and forth.

"Xu Ling Ai you are such a sly lady, aren't you? You got yourself a man despite having a husband?" The man mocked Xu Ling Ai.

"She is very alluring right? Have you slept with her?" The mask man turned his attention to Chanyu.

Chanyu were very enraged by his words. If Xu Ling Ai isn't under his hold, Chanyu would have slash off his head.

The masked man then held Xu Ling Ai's chin, forcing her to look at him. She look at him in a challenging manner.

"One man is not enough right? What about I satisfy you?" Her mouth had gone hard.

"Ptui!" She feel so insulted by him that she spit at his direction and slap him in the face. Her hands feel numb by the force she use to slap him.

However, that man also slapped her back in the face. Her lips instantly bleed by his strong slap.

"I will kill you!" Chanyu roared. He is feeling so helpless. But he couldn't ask for his subordinates help.

Blows goes through Chanyu's stomach. And they kicked him left and right without any mercy. Some of them even use tools.

He was bleeding. Ganba on the other hand were very anxious. But his master did not allow them to interrupt so he got no choice but to secretly inform Li Zhao.

"Let him go!" Xu Ling Ai scream on top off her lung. One of the assassins hold her tightly. She try to let go of their hold on her but their grip was too strong.

"Why? Is he that important to you?" The masked man smirked at Xu Ling Ai.

"Yes! He is my friend! Let him go!" Xu Ling Ai screamed out for his life. Her eyes getting reddish. How did she get him into this mess?

"Will you do anything for him?" The mask man can see how much she care for Chanyu. And he decided to take advantage of it.

"Xu Ling Ai! I'm fine! Don't listen to him!" Chanyu said through his bloody mouth. If he fought them right here, she will eventually know his real identity.

"Yes! Anything! Just let him go!" Looking at Chanyu's bloody face, Xu Ling Ai desperately beg. She regretted asking Chanyu to bring her to his restaurant.

"Really? Then, will you slept with me just like you did for him?" The mask man asked like she had no dignity.

"W-what? Disgusting! Get away from me!" Xu Ling Ai back away slowly when she saw him coming towards her. She have never been this afraid.

Xu Ling Ai finally know who he is. It was Duke Chen, Li Jun Yi. From the way he talk, she finally realised it.

He walk lazily towards her and grab her waist towards him. He hold her hard so she didn't ran.

"Li Jun Yi let go off me!" She push his chest but he wouldn't budge.

"You're so intelligent. How can you recognise my voice?" Li Jun Yi laughed at her for her recognizability. He still held her waist firmly and lean his body on hers.

"Don't touch her! I will kill you!!"

Nostrils flaring, Chanyu's whole body were shaking from anger. He wanted to kill Li Jun Yi. He will do it. The assassins added up their strength to hold him.

"Look! Your friend is so mad at me. Don't you want to introduce me to him?" Li Jun Yi said in a tease tone evilly.

"Let go of me!" Xu Ling Ai try to punch Li Jun Yi in the face. Her hand push his chest. She feel so disgusted.

"You dare hitting your future ruler?!" He grab Xu Ling Ai's hair harshly and pulled her near his face.

"That lips of your is very tempting compared to your sister's Xu Jia Wen." Li Jun Yi's eyes fell on Xu Ling Ai's lips.

Her eyes finally let a tear down her smooth cheek. There's no woman wanted to be treated like this.

She couldn't believe it will happen to her. It doesn't matter if he kill her, but her dignity is the most important to her.

"You are afraid? I thought you are so brave?" He mocked her while stroking her face.

"He will kill you!" Her words drip like a poison. She gritted her teeth. Her eyes was filled with tears.

"Who? Li Zhao? Your so-called husband? Then let's see if he will be able to save you." Li Jun Yi laugh out loud and mocked her.

In a split second, his hands were quick to ripped off Xu Ling Ai's robe. It revealed her nightie robe. Which should not be shown to outsider.

"No!" She screamed trying be free from his disgusting grip.

Compare to her short dress in modern world, the nightie robe was way modest. But now, she feel really embarrassed and disgusted by herself.

"BASTARD!" Chanyu was too angry that he use his martial arts to budge the assassins around him.

And he succeeded. Grabbing the nearest sword, he went to attack Li Jun Yi. He don't care about his identity or plan anymore.

With wobbly legs, he fought through the assassins. Tears from Xu Ling Ai's eyes made him realize, he value her more than anything else.

"Stop right there or you will have to receive her corpse." Li Jun Yi was quick to assess the situation.

"Chanyu stop. You are hurting yourself more." Xu Ling Ai said through tears.

Chanyu stubbornly stand in a fight stance. He was ready to kill the prince.

However, the tense moment were interrupt by a massive blow on the door. There, stood tall and as strong as mountain Xu Ling Ai's husband. Li Zhao. Who is blinded by rage and fury.

P.S.
How long have y'all been reading wattpad?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R