Chapter 7

Duke of Su Manor

While others are celebrating his wedding, Li Zhao went straight to his study room. Heading there in a rush, another figure appeared beside him.

"Your Highness why did you change your mind?" Wu Xi felt very curious.

"Why didn't you tell me that The Third Miss of Xu Manor is her?" His voice roared out.

"I already told you that there is nothing we can find out about her except that she has been hiding inside the manor because of her misfortune." Wu Xi hesitantly replied.

"She lives in the countryside. Xu Manor actually dared to lie to me." Li Zhao dangerously said in his deep husky voice.

"She is not from here? Then it's easier to kill her? The Emperor wouldn't be able to blame you if His Majesty find out that Xu Family lied." Wu Xi smile proudly as he suggests the brilliant idea.

Receiving a deathly glare from Li Zhao, he immediately shut down.

"I will tell you one more time. Do not touch her." He deliberately press the latter and leave Wu Xi alone.

Wu Xi was so shocked that he tried to process everything.

'Is she really going to be our real Princess Consort?'

Just like that, the wedding night went by so quick.

Bloom Pavilion

In the morning, Xu Ling Ai could hear birds chirping outside of the Blooms Pavilion where she is currently living in now.

Even in the forest, she always woke up early probably due to old routine. She couldn't see sun from the Duke Su Manor.

Glancing all over around her, she realised the chamber is three times bigger than hers in the countryside.

Now, she don't have any helper anymore. She needed to depend on her own. Xu Ling Ai couldn't let an old woman who have her own family take care of her forever.

Xu Ling Ai don't want to be the cause of ruining someone else's life. She is an independent girl who knows how to live her way.

'Mom dad. Don't worry about me. I will definitely slay this off! They got nothing on me!'

Quickly take a shower she then look for a robe that she would wear today. The first day as someone's wife.

Xu Ling Ai feels like this is a contract marriage but ancient's version similar to drama that she watch on the television.

However, it doesn't matter as long as they don't trouble each other. He is already kind enough for accepting her. So she won't embarrassed him.

"Princess Consort. This is Gu Mama. His Highness has assigned me to help you." Xu Ling Ai heard an elderly voice from the outside.

"Come in." She said half yelling for her to hear.

"Princess Consort let this servant help you do your hair." Gu Mama ask carefully afraid that the young lady will snapped at her.

The title Princess Consort was totally burden her. Gu Mama is well aware that all the young miss from prestigious family are snobbish and unruly. She hope this young lady will not burden His Highness.

"I do need help. And don't be so polite."

Xu Ling Ai might not be familiar with all the ancient customs. There is no rank should decide someone's worth.

Looking at the lovely young lady in front of her, Gu Mama feel very satisfied. She definitely fits His Highness.

Combing her long, silky and naturally black hair smoothly, Gu Mama then tie it in a butterfly style but with the rest of them fell down on her back flawlessly.