Chapter 21

"Gu Mama! Ouch slowly!" Early in the morning. The people in the manor could hear Xu Ling Ai's screaming.

This morning, Xu Ling Ai notice that her knees also got wound. Probably accidentally scratched from yesterday fight. So she told Gu Mama to lend her some ice pack.

But Gu Mama insisted to tend her wound for her. She tend her wound a bit harsh while nagging.

"This old woman told you not to get in a fight. You had me worried." Xu Ling Ai just smile at Gu Mama. She missed her dad.

Her dad always nagged at her whenever she came back from chasing idol. She tend to get wound whenever she goes for fangirling. That is why her dad scolded her to quit it.

"You should have watch me punch that man! I punch him like The Rock! Back then, I should have joined WWE." Gu Mama couldn't understand what she was saying but she just smile her head at Xu Ling Ai's excitement.

"His Highness was worried about you." Gu Mama sincerely pray for their relationship to work. She loves both of them.

"I know." Xu Ling Ai was too busy daydreaming becoming a professional fighter that she just reply whatever came out. Both her hands holding fist acting like a professional WWE fighter.

"Who? His Highness? You mean Li Zhao? Why would he worry about me? Yesterday he was just asking who hit me. Then that's it. Nothing else." Realisation dawn on her and she just responded quickly denied it.

"Aiya! This child! You sleep too much that you don't realize that His Highness tend your wound last night right?" Gu Mama slap Xu Ling Ai's arm. Why is her princess consort so slow?

"What! Really?" Xu Ling Ai couldn't believe what she heard. Li Zhao tending her wound. Like seriously?

'Holy Shit! Did he saw the way I sleep? Did my legs stay properly on the bed? Did I drool?' She cupped her head on the pillow. Feeling very embarrassed.

"Princess Consort!" Someone's calling her.

Gu Mama and Xu Ling Ai froze on the spot. They look at each other. Xu Ling Ai raise her right eyebrow. While Gu Mama shake her head as a sign "don't know".

"I'm Wu Xi. His Highness had called you to come to the dining hall for a breakfast." Hearing this, Gu Mama grin from ear to ear. Turning to her side, she discovered that Xu Ling Ai is no more there.

"Princess Consort will come in a bit." Gu Mama replied back to let Wu Xi go back.

Gu Mama lift up the comforter that Xu Ling Ai use to hide herself. She then dragged Xu Ling Ai out of there.

"His Highness is waiting for you. Let's get ready!"

Gu Mama is the one who is too excited not Xu Ling Ai. Her face were literally drained out. How will she faced Li Zhao?

Dining Hall

Their eating session was total silence. Xu Ling Ai on the other hand pretending that she is completely fine but in her head she keep on thinking of how she slept last night.

No one in the ancient world should see her inappropriate behaviour. They should remember her as someone who is graceful. However, after yesterday event in the city no one will trust her dignified side anymore.

Xu Ling Ai sigh a bit loud. Her mouth still hurting so she eat in a small amount only. She sometimes peeks at him. But he also eat silently.

'Why did he wanted to eat together today? Is he finally gone insane?'

She look at him trying to figure him out but when he raise his head to look at her, she quickly look at her rice.

Li Zhao stare at Xu Ling Ai from time to time. She kept stirring her soup. He look at her lips, the wound has dry and left a bruise.

He suddenly take out a very small and short bottle that look very luxurious. Pushing it slowly towards her direction.

"What is this?" Xu Ling Ai look at it and question him. Opening it up.

"This is the rare Lotus Flower cream. It is hard to find. How did you get this?" Her nose instantly knew the smell of it. The real owner of the body skill's had blend with her as the time passing by.

"Are you a physician?" He finally had the chance to ask her about her skills.

"I know I look like one but nope you're wrong. I'm not a physician." Xu Ling Ai snobbish side came out unconsciously. She really couldn't take it seriously when someone praise her.

"I think it somehow turn out like that? As you know I live in the jungle so in case anything happen, I needed to heal myself and Jiang Mama." She explained a bit when she saw him looking at her waiting for the right answer.

Xu Ling Ai was considering to said that she inherited the skill from the real owner of the body but she halted. Li Zhao wouldn't understand her. And no one should know her real identity.

"Why didn't you ask benwang anything about that day?"

"Why would I? No one will like it when we ask about a matter that we shouldn't get involve." She was surprised when she heard that but responded eventually.

Li Zhao finally figure her personality in some way. She is the type who won't bothers about others matter. But when she feel she needed to, she will.

"Use it to lessen the scars." Li Zhao cut off their conversation and leave for his work.

Xu Ling Ai watch his back as he leaves her alone. A sincere smile made its way on her face. But she flinched when her wound stretched out.

"It is always me who received things from him. Not the other way around." She sigh when she reminiscing all the things he had provided for her.

"I should have do something to repay him. But what am I even capable on?" Xu Ling Ai snort at herself feeling useless.

P.S.
They finally talk peacefully.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R