Chapter 30

"Should I try to help him so that he will allow me to live here a bit longer until I found a job?"

Xu Ling Ai been thinking about helping Li Zhao in investigating the case. After considering all his words the other day, she actually agree what he said.

She is living in the manor for free yet did not contribute anything. The fact that their marriage was completely force awaken her.

At least if she help him, he might not act that cold towards her. So she decided to help him settle the case using her Sherlock Holmes skills and her medical skill.

"But did I bring my acupuncture needles when I came to this manor?" Xu Ling Ai forgot to check the acupuncture needle and all the poison and medicine equipment.

She rushed towards a few boxes that she bought with her when she came to Duke Su Manor. Cleaning up the dust on it, she cough a bit.

She totally forgot to open the boxes that Jiang Mama packed for her back when they are in the forest.

"Found it!" Xu Ling Ai smile opening a box which contains all the antidotes and poison that she had made. A very small box contain all the needles in every size that she needed.

Luoyang's Street

A petite man walking down the streets feeling unconscious. Keep checking on his clothes to make sure it was perfectly fit.

"Do I actually look like a man?" Xu Ling Ai muttered quietly. She is in a disguise as a man.

In all the historical drama that she watch, ladies in ancient china tend to disguise as a man and no one knows it. So she decided to try it.

Wearing a man robes, her hair was tie in a bun. She wore a fake moustache that she bought early. While thinking about her appearance, she did not notice that she had arrived in front of the morgue.

"Young man go away! No one is allow to get near here!" Imperial guards hinder her from going inside.

'Seems like the disguise work!' Xu Ling Ai mentally cheer.

"I am a physician. I came with His Highness Duke Su's order. To check any trace on the victims body." Xu Ling Ai take out of Li Zhao's jade.

Fortunately, the jade is always with her or else she might not be able to go inside.

"You can go inside young man." The guard allow her in when he saw the jade.

Walking slowly inside the morgue room, chill run through her veins. She might not afraid of human but she is afraid of ghosts.

"Ghosts please leave me alone." She pray.

Tiptoeing towards one of the corpses, she open the white fabric that cover his body. Xu Ling Ai accidentally gasps when she look at the hole chest.

"Rest in peace."

She take out the acupuncture needles from her small pouch. Picking one needles and she let her hands do the thing.

Xu Ling Ai take a look at the victims body. She is not a police so she couldn't just make an assumption.

However, she is so sure that the victim was choked until he suffocated. Imprint of hands visible on the victim's neck.