Chapter 56

A carriage surrounded by guards makes it way out of the capital. Inside it Chanyu and Xu Ling Ai sat opposite each other.

Earlier, Xu Ling Ai tries to persuade Chanyu but failed miserably. Things somehow lead her to forcefully follow Chanyu to make sure that the Mongolian will be out of the capital safely.

While Li Zhao on the other was totally mad at Xu Ling Ai but still follow her instructions. He get out of the palace to arrange his own tactics.

In front of the emperor and officials, he couldn't act recklessly. His subordinate has surrounded the forest which the Mongolians went through and they are currently waiting for Li Zhao to come.

"Chanyu, tell me truthfully. Why are you doing this?" Xu Ling Ai finally broke the silence. She has been zipping her mouth from talking ever since they left the capital.

"For revenge." Chanyu reply shortly. He couldn't careless about everything as long as she is with him.

"So it's true, you're using me this whole time. Everything we went through was a lie. The day we become friend also a lie? The words you said that you will always be there whenever I need your help was lie? Are we even friends?" Xu Ling Ai chuckle when she thought about everything they went through. She thought they are friends.

"I-it's wasn't like that. I did this for you. You want to be free right? I am helping to get you out of the whole imperial things." Chanyu try to explain. But he still refuse to tell her his real feelings towards her.

"For me?! You know my whole life is there! You know that yet you did this! I've always believe you. When you went missing after saving me, I was totally worried. Yet you're actually busy planning for something big. You lied! I thought you were sincere!" Xu Ling Ai couldn't help but feel betrayed.

Ever since she met Chanyu, she always sees Chanyu just like herself. Landed on a foreign country which is totally opposite of themselves.

Without any help, a person tries to survive just to stay alive. She thought they are the same. She always feel pity for Chanyu as the people keep being prejudice towards him.

"I've always regard you as my one and only friend. Ever since I came here, I got no one. Yet I met a lot of people who I happen to get close to. Including you. You have no idea how much I really treasure our friendship that Li Zhao sometimes get jealous of you." Xu Ling Ai laugh at her stupidity for easily trusting people.

"I do not wish any duel between you and Li Zhao. I will never want anything happen to both of you because of me." She said with a sigh.

"Stop the carriage!" The fast motion of the carriage suddenly halted with force.

Xu Ling Ai look at his angry state. She has never seen Chanyu this mad before.

"Get out!" Chanyu voice startled everyone. Even Ganba had never heard his master that rage.

"Pardon?" She is totally dumbfounded. He is the one who insist to have her come with him but now he chase her out.

"Don't make me change my mind. Get out!" Chanyu dragged her out of the carriage forcefully.

The guards watch their master dragged the young lady harshly. However, they knew he never intended to hurt her.

"Master you couldn't let her go! The emperor will hunt after us if they know we got no hostage anymore." Ganba interrupt.

"Do you really think they have the nerves to hunt on us? Xu Ling Ai is just a pawn and now she is useless so I am letting her go." Chanyu shout as he couldn't contain his anger.

"Master you can never be soft hearted because of a woman! You've sacrifice a lot for her! You got injured because of her! Please remember that she is Duke Su's Princess Consort! Pull yourself together master!" Ganba feels so frustrated because of the unknown feeling of Chanyu for Xu Ling Ai.

"Shut up! We're going back!" Ganba cowered when Chanyu shout at him.

Xu Ling Ai who stood there silently realize that she has somehow misunderstood Chanyu. Even though he had bad intentions at first, but he was sincere all through the way.

"You still have the gift I gave you." She muttered looking at the gift on his waists tied around it.

"Just go! I'm letting you go. But let's never see each other again because I might not be able to let you go again." Chanyu's words clearly tell everyone about his feelings. He then proceed to went up on the carriage ignoring Xu Ling Ai.

"Regardless of anything, you will always be my friend. And I hope we will always be one. I will miss you." Xu Ling Ai said while watching the carriage fade away from her sight.

Inside the carriage, Chanyu hold the gift that she gave him tightly. He is fighting his inner self to kidnapped her for himself.

He letting her go because he knew she wouldn't be happy with him. Even though he couldn't have her heart as a man, at least he had a place in her heart as her friend. That's matter the most to him.

"Xu Ling Ai." He muttered her name in agony. His first love. The one who teaches him that there is still kindness in this world. The one who sincerely care for him. The one who he spends time laughing with.

And she belong to someone else.

P.S.
Finally it is coming to an end. Thank you for being patient - R

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R