Chapter 8

After the embarrassing flustering moment, they finally arrived in the front hall. The Emperor and the Empress  has been waiting for them.

The Empress were too shocked when she saw the bride that she bestowed Li Zhao. She immediately feel regret.

'I actually bestowed him with a stunning young lady? But it is fine as long as her unfortunate fate work on him!' Empress Yi thought angrily.

"Imperial Father, this son and his princess consort pay respect to you." Li Zhao bow a bit followed by Xu Ling Ai curtsy.

He has never put the Empress in his eyes. Li Zhao knew how much his mother has suffered before even though his imperial father always defend her mother.

"Your Majesty, this lady wish you a long long lives and always be healthy." Xu Ling Ai small voice sounded in the hall. Her graceful mode instantly on.

Despite feeling nervous, she actually meet an  emperor and empress she maintain her cool. She couldn't left a bad impression on her in laws.

"Minister Xu's daughter is indeed good looking and graceful. But how come Zhen has never seen you in every banquet before this?" His Majesty is very curious on why this young lady suddenly appeared now.

"Reply to Your Majesty. Actually I live in the country side. I only came back because of the royal decree." Xu Ling Ai had no intention of hiding her truth identity. She is not gonna live cowardly like the consorts in drama.

"What? How come Zhen didn't know this?! Xu Bei Hong deceived me? Call Minister Xu to the palace now!"

The emperor was enraged knowing Minister Xu has lied to him about his daughter rarely goes out.

"Your Majesty. If there is anyone you should blame, it is me. Minister Xu is afraid if you take back the royal decree, our country will be a laughing stocks. So he got no choice but to hide my background." She don't feel the need to address him as his father.

Xu Ling Ai has no intention on helping her father. But she also don't want to cause innocent lifes get killed.

"Your Majesty. Even though I lived in the country side, I do heard you are an honourable, gracious and hospitable ruler. Please pardon our mistake for once. This lowly lady is willing to let go of the Princess Consort title if Your Majesty think I'm not worthy of this title."

Xu Ling Ai said confidently. She is the drama queen in highschool. She might not know much about history. But she will try to gain some favour from the ruler.

Unknown to Xu Ling Ai, a person has been looking straight at her for a long time. He is mad at his mother for giving such a confident lady to his second brother.

Before the emperor could reply back to her, a deep husky voice spoke up.

"Xu Ling Ai is this lord's rightful wife. There's no one can dismiss her title." Li Zhao spoke in a flat tone but with a warning sign.

"Didn't Her Majesty learn her background first?" Li Zhao added without any trace of feeling afraid.

"Your Majesty it was indeed chenqie fault. I didn't check her background before this. Your Majesty please pardon this empress." Her Majesty got no choice but pretend to admit it was her fault.

"Enough. Enough. Since it was everyone fault. We don't need to discuss about this anymore." The Emperor don't want this problem to be heard by other country.

"Xu Ling Ai. Since the Duke Su himself is willing to accept you as his Princess Consort. This emperor have nothing to say anymore."

Actually, His Majesty had no intention on letting Xu Ling Ai away. She is the only lady who marry his son without any hesitation.

"Your Majesty you are indeed generous. This lady thanked you for million times." Xu Ling Ai bow down at the emperor.

"It was such a shame Minister Xu send away an intelligent and a filial lady like you. Zhen hope you will take care of Zhao Er." The Emperor care for Li Zhao as he is the son of his most beloved loved woman.

"Let's have feast." The emperor said feeling delighted. But Li Zhao refuse.

"Pardon me imperial father but this son and princess consort will take our leave first. We will pay respect to you again in another day."

Li Zhao don't want to stay in the palace for too long. Xu Ling Ai also curtsy before she left. As she turned around, she saw a very familiar face.

'Ohmygod! Am I dreaming? Xiao Zhan!' She was too awestruck. It was him.

Words couldn't get out from her mouth. Even though she had attended his concert before but she couldn't meet him face to face since she is not rich so she bought a seat far from him.

But now she is only probably six feets away from him. Also his appearance shocked her. Even wearing long wig couldn't hide his handsome face. The hair fits him perfectly.

Li Zhao suddenly halted his movements making Xu Ling Ai stumble a bit and she crash onto his back. Li Zhao swiftly grab her small waist.

"Empress Yi, check this properly." He deliberately announced it for the empress to hear. An eunuch received the small cloth.

He then turn around and walk away with the lady in his arms. But Xu Ling Ai still hasn't move her eyes away from him.

She was speechless and numb. Even when Li Zhao dragged her, she just let him. Her knees was about to buckled.

On the other side, all of them who heard his announcement, were down right flushed in red. They couldn't believe the Duke Su can be so shameless.

"Second brother seems to like sister in law." Li Zhi Ming broke the silence.

"Benwang thought he don't like woman. Seems like he also lust for a beautiful woman." Li Jun Yi said in a sarcastic tone.

"So First Brother admit she is beautiful?" Li Zhi Ming calmly question.

Li Jun Yi only glared at his Third Brother.

'It doesn't matter even if she already marry Li Zhao. What he has I also must have it.' He said evilly.

Li Jun Yi always get all the lady whenever he want. He also love to play with woman. He is going to get her no matter what happen.

P.S.
This Lord means 'I' but in a royal form.
Zhen also means 'I' but only for the emperor.
Chenqie also means 'I' but for a lady.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R