Chapter 11

Li Zhao's Study Room

"How is the river progress?" Li Zhao question as soon as he saw Wu Xi face.

He has been going back and forth to the palace but when he past the lake, the water is still there. No work done.

"They will start to dig into the lake tomorrow Your Highness. Since the weather is hot, it will eventually decrease a bit." Wu Xi response despite fell deep into curiosity. He still don't understand his master request to empty the lake.

"Visit the temple at the end of the road." Li Zhao command him without giving any explanation.

"Yes Your Highness." Wu Xi has work for Li Zhao for a very long term so he eventually understood him.

Li Zhao look down to continue reading his scrolls. Wu Xi wanted to take his leave but he remembered about the distribution of juice.

"Your Highness the tomato juice taste unique right?" Wu Xi casually ask.

Wu Xi thought Gu Mama had also send it to Li Zhao. But he was wrong. Gu Mama and Xu Ling Ai totally forgot about Li Zhao as he always not in the manor.

"What tomato juice?" Li Zhao ears perk up listening to the new words. Is he the only one who feel odd.

"Your Highness haven't taste it? Princess Consort made it for everyone in the manor since it is a very hot day." Wu Xi scratch his back head awkwardly. Maybe he shouldn't said it.

Wu Xi were on his way to meet Li Zhao but then a servant held a small table with several cups on top of it. He thought they were carrying it for the superior.

He was wrong when suddenly a servant maid stop in front of him and offered him a drink. When he saw blocks of ice, he just grab one of the drink.

"Xu Ling Ai?" Li Zhao question unsure.

"Yes. I also didn't know that Princess Consort can be very generous. She even use our precious ice to make it cold. And she even serves it for servants" Wu Xi admired his Princess Consort.

"Stop playing around and investigate the death of Hu Family." Li Zhao tone suddenly turn annoyed.

"Is His Highness mad because he didn't get the tomato juice?" Wu Xi leave while muttering it.

"I can hear you." Li Zhao interrupt him. Wu Xi run out to avoid punishment.

Duke Su Manor have never received a lady as a guest so this is the first time for them to experience it. Before this, they only need to serve Li Zhao but Xu Ling Ai presence made them be a little more careful.

Because a lady will be more demanding and handful. However, until now they haven't heard any complain from Xu Ling Ai regarding any aspect.

But today when Xu Ling Ai mix with them and treat them equally made them realize that she is very sporting and cheerful.

"What are you Xu Ling Ai?" Li Zhao muttered to himself. He can't help but to wonder if she is somewhat pretending to be casual and sociable.

Xu Ling Ai's Chamber

"Thank god the real owner of this body knew how to sew!" She remarks while sewing the fabric.

Due to the hot weather, Xu Ling Ai decided make two sets of short sleeves top and pants. Xu Ling Ai asked for Gu Mama help to get some fabric from Duke Su Manor.

"What clothes are you making Princess Consort? The royal tailor will made it for you." Gu Mama is worry she might hurt herself while sewing.

Xu Ling Ai and Gu Mama has become bestfriend. Since Gu Mama is supposed to take care of Xu Ling Ai's necessity so she is around her all the time.

"A clothes for me to wear on this sunny day. Do you want one Gu Mama?" Xu Ling Ai tease her as she know Gu Mama will never wear it.

"But Princess Consort the clothes you're making is so short and thin. You can't be wearing that in front of everyone!" Gu Mama sternly refused because it is very vulgar of a lady to wear such kind of clothing.

"Who said I'm going to wear it outside? I will wear it when I am in this room only." Xu Ling Ai completely aware that she had gone over the line for making this kind of clothes in ancient world.

But she will only use it when she is inside her chamber. She still respect her own culture and she won't try to change the beautiful culture.

"His Highness won't be happy if he knows it." Gu Mama again with her biggest fear of Li Zhao anger.

"Why would he? I made this for his sake." She said it with a flirting tone. Xu Ling Ai was desperate that she just act out anything.

Gu Mama nagging stop in instant when she heard that. She thought Xu Ling Ai needed that kind of clothes to seduce Li Zhao.

"Then this old woman will gladly help you! Teach me how is the design." Gu Mama delight said. She feel happy that Xu Ling Ai finally made effort to take a step towards him.

P.S.
Have a nice day everyone!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R