Chapter 36

"Have you seen Duke Su?" She literally asked everyone in the garden. The guests look at her who were panting out of breath.

Xu Ling Ai have been looking for him everywhere but he was nowhere. She is worried if there is anything wrong with him.

Walking around until she ended up in the garden. The palace's garden were full of flowers and trees. Greens everywhere. But she is not in the position to enjoy the scenery.

It was Empress Yi's idea to celebrate her son wedding at the garden. At first, the emperor refused but eventually agreed.

She walked onto a higher bridge to be able to take a good look at the crowd. Everyone was there so it is a bit hard for her to find him.

Xu Ling Ai even tiptoeing to get a good look. She back off while gazing everywhere. Accidentally, she bumps into someone.

"Sorr.. Nah. I'm not sorry." When she saw who it was, she take back her apology.

Her stepsister Xu Jia Wen jeering at her up and down. She is wearing an expensive attire with countless of accessories.

"Won't you greet?" Xu Jia Wen sneer at her.

This bring Xu Ling Ai laughter. She really laugh until her eyes welled up with tears. She feel so giddy and ridiculous.

"Why did you make such a bad joke in the daylight stepsister?" The smiley expression of Xu Ling Ai instantly turn into a bitchy face.

Xu Ling Ai fold her hand while arrogantly staring at her stepsister. They are now have the same position as the duke's princess consort.

"You're still the same rude and rough Xu Ling Ai. Seems like being a princess consort did not suit you. A country bumpkin will always be an idiot." Xu Jia Wen drip her sentence with so much softness and sophistication.

"At least I did not feign innocence like you. Pretending to be kind and perfect. I can see right through you and it tells that you're a bitch." Xu Ling Ai whisper only for Xu Jia Wen to listen.

Xu Jia Wen's clenched her hands tightly. She gritted her teeth. She finally achieve her long desire dream but here she is couldn't even beat Xu Ling Ai.

"Jia Wen what are you doing here?" Another hand hold Xu Jia Wen's clenching hands.

Xu Ling Ai look at Empress Yi's shameless face. She look so innocent that everyone would get bewitched by her pure eyes.

'How could someone be so cruel? Poisoning human? Evil!' Xu Ling Ai feel so frustrated not being able to let out her madness.

"Your Majesty. I am just talking to my sister." Xu Jia Wen turn cool when she finally had her back up.

From the guests point of view, they look like a family talking happily to each other. No one knows that a fiery pit were waiting to explode.

"Go greet guests with Jun Yi. I will handle your sister." Empress Yi persuade Xu Jia Wen.

While Xu Ling Ai look lazily at the two witches. Xu Jia Wen left leaving the two of them. She was about to leave also but Empress Yi stopped her.

"Xu Ling Ai. Are you done being a parasite leeching off my imperial family?"

"Of course I'm not done yet. I will not stop until I bite you off." Xu Ling Ai mimicking a sound of tiger.