Chapter 16

"Mister. Can you please take me to the city? I mean Luoyang town?" She don't know the exact name of the place. Xu Ling Ai just went up on a carriage in front of the Duke Su Manor.

The horse rider were in confusion at first but the he eventually picked up where is the place Xu Ling Ai wanted to go.

Living in the capital for some times made her missed the forest that she lived before. So she decided to go the the town to look around.

"I miss you, Max." Max is the name of her secondhand car which she bought with her own money. She groaned when she feel the carriage moving unbalanced due to the rocks and uneven road.

Xu Ling Ai pulled out her money pouch at the side of her robes. Shaking it near her ear, she heard nothing.

Opening it, contain only one sliver left. She's gonna pay the horse rider then she got nothing else. How is she going to shopping?

Gu Mama told her that Li Zhao has provided her some money if she wanted to use it but Xu Ling Ai reject right away.

She already feel ashamed with the manor people for eating and living for free. Now, she want to use Li Zhao's money for shopping. That's not going to happen.

"Seems like I will starve myself until I get home." She accidentally call it home. Even though it was Li Zhao's house but she eventually get used it.

Entering the town, she saw a sign that was written Luoyang. Her jaw drops when she saw foods everywhere. Food is the first thing she would literally notice.

Crowds in the town were very merry. People walking by while talking to each other. Buying some accessories, foods and daily uses.

"Miss we have arrived." The horse rider voice interrupted her mesmerised moment.

"Oh sorry. I did not notice. Thank you and here's the wage." Xu Ling Ai handed the silver.

"It is okay miss. I wouldn't dare to take money from you. Have a nice day miss." Before Xu Ling Ai could react, he left with the horse.

"Wait!" She screamed when he left without taking the tip.

In the first place, when Xu Ling Ai went up on the palanquin, the rider will not charge her as he saw her coming out from the Duke of Su Manor. He don't know who she is but she must be someone important since she came outl from there.

"Why do everyone keep making me feeling guilty!" She whine loudly.

People who passed through Xu Ling Ai look at her weirdly. She then raise an eyebrow at them as a signal "What are you looking at?".

Holding the one and only silver she had, going inside the market. Xu Ling Ai eyes wandered all over the place. Mainly at the food. While walking mindlessly, she accidentally crash into someone.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry!" Xu Ling Ai picked up the her money.

She was expecting some kind of rude man just like the other day. But when she look up, her eyes met with a very beautiful eye smile.

"It is okay- Sister in law! What are you doing here?" It was him. Li Zhi Ming. The one and only twin of Xiao Zhan in ancient world.

Awestruck by the view in front of her, she once again stare at him without saying anything. Li Zhi Ming look at her sister in law oddly.

'Is she dreaming?' He thought.

"Sister in law." Li Zhi Ming waves his hand in front of Xu Ling Ai's face.

"Huh! Where's your sister in law?" Xu Ling Ai was too surprised that she spoke nonsense. Unconsciously a huge smile take place on her lips.

"Are you fine?" Li Zhi Ming feel somehow worried if his sister in law is sick.

"Yes! Yes! Of course I am completely fine! Why would I be not fine? Right?" Her replies was a bit flabbergasted that Li Zhi Ming laugh a bit.

"Sure then. What are you doing here sister in law?" He was asking her but she once again stare at him while smiling sheepishly.

'Xiao Zhan just smiled at me! Again!' Xu Ling Ai mentally screamed.

She wanted to let out her inner fangirl but she don't want to scare him away. So she "tried" her best to control herself.

"I was just sightseeing? Right sightseeing!" Xu Ling Ai couldn't possibly said that she is here for shopping as she got only one silver on her.

"What are you doing here Xiao- I mean Your Highness." Too close on blurting out Xiao Zhan's name, she nervously laugh.

"This lord came for sightseeing. Yes just like you sister in law." Li Zhi Ming said while scratching his back head.

He was there to observe normal people daily life. Li Zhi Ming loves drawing. But his royal father never support him so he hid his hobby from everyone.

"Ohh. Really? But can Your Highness please drop the title sister in law? It is awkward." Xu Ling Ai still couldn't accept that she became Xiao Zhan's sister in law. Such a cruel fate.

"But it's true you're my sister in law." Li Zhi Ming chuckle at her.

He himself do feel weird calling her that because he is older than her. But her position as his brother wife force him to do so as a respect.

"Just call me Xu Ling Ai or Ling Ai. It is more comfortable. Ever since I came here everyone keep calling me either Miss or Princess Consort."

"Then I will call you Xu Ling Ai. But you also have to treat me comfortably." Li Zhi Ming said with a smile.

He has never been this kind of much spoken guy. But he feel very comfortable with his brother's consort.

"Don't smile like that." Xu Ling Ai warn him suddenly. Her heart couldn't handle this kind of gesture from his favourite idol. She might get a heart attack.

"You're so funny Xu Ling Ai." Li Zhi Ming laugh at her expression.

P.S.
Xu Ling Ai finally met her idol's twin!

How will y'all react if you met someone who look the same as your idol?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R