4

"Six thirty would be good," I said to someone over the phone as I tied my hair into a ponytail. While I'd prefer it down, having it tied up is an advantage.

"Are you sure he'll be there?" I asked as I slid on my combat boots and place my gun in my waistband.

"This better be true," I pause, grabbing a knife and tucking it in one of my boots. "Because if he isn't there, you're dead," was all what I said before I cut the call. I turned off the device I was using to change my voice. I can't have anyone knowing what I sound like. It's too much of a risk. I then left my apartment, heading straight to Daniel Brimstone's house.

Daniel was a rapist. He raped several women as well as young girls and children and got away with it because he had money. However, the bastard signed his death contract when he raped Marcel Jeffrey's daughter and now I was being sent to kill the man.

I might be a contract killer although, I preferred the word 'assassin'— but nobody could contact me directly. If they wanted me to get shit done for them, they've got to contact my assistant who would then let me know.  What could I say? I was all about professionalism.

Even my assistant knew nothing about me. She didn't know even know how my voice sounded let alone my real name. She has also never seen my face, nor did she know where I live. Like I said, she knew absolutely nothing about me.

It was insane how she was willing to work for me only because I was going to pay her handsomely.

Don't get me started on how I even found that woman. Her name was Lauren Walker and she used to work in a retirement house, that was until it got closed because some rich idiot bought the land and turned it into a golf club instead. I knew because I'd often donate every year since most people didn't give a shit about the old ones anyway. That was how I came to find out about Lauren. The money she'd make from the home was her only source of income and she had two sons, no husband. So now, every month, I'd pay her around forty thousand dollars and she was happy. I mean, who would refuse good money anyway? Besides, the job was easy.

She never once tried to find out who I was because if she did, she knew what would happen. Truth be told, I've contacted a lot of others before her but they all tried to find out who I was. Guess where they are now? Somewhere in the ocean— probably in the stomach of some underwater creature by now. Who knows? Anyhow, they are dead.

Marcel who was a renowned drug dealer was paying me sixty thousand dollars for the job. I decided to do it, but for the money— rather because that man raped a thirteen year old kid and he didn't deserve to live. Don't get me wrong; I was not playing the hero or bring justice or whatever— I didn't do that. Pay me, and I'll get shit done. That was my work, and everybody involved in the crime industry knew that.

I've killed more than I can remember and I did not regret it. I never have and never will. Those men deserved what they've gotten. They did mess up with the wrong people, after all. I could send a message, and I sent them perfectly well too.

Pulling over the car, I stepped out and stared at Daniel's mansion. I unbuttoned the first few buttons of my shirt before fixing my hair. Word around town was, Daniel was a sex freak or something like that. I heard the slightest move would turn him on. I guessed we were about to find out.

I knocked on his door softly and few seconds later, Daniel was in front of me, eyeing me from top to bottom. I made sure to keep my head lowered as I knew there were cameras on the walls. That way, the cameras won't be able to capture my face. I supposed it didn't matter much though, considering the fact that I would delete the footage later.

"Yes?" He asked, licking his lips which was really fucking disgusting. I could see his unhealthy teeth. No wonder he chose to rape people to please himself— who would want to go to that man willingly?