8

"Lea!!!" He shouted before engulfing me in a bone crashing hug. He was smiling brightly when he parted away.

I smiled back at him. "Hello to you too, Sean."

"Won't you invite me in?" He pouted making me chuckle lightly. I stepped aside and let him in.

Sean Blackwood, my closest friend. I have a lot of friends but Sean is my closest friend and he's also the American Mafia's Leader.

When my parents died, my sixteen year old self was lost. I had nowhere to go, nobody to go to.

Luckily for me, I met Sean while walking on the streets. He was only fourteen back then. He had earphones plugged to his ears and wasn't looking where he was going.

He would've lost his life if it wasn't for me. I saved his life and he felt like he owed me so he took me to his house. The Blackwood family welcomed me in. I felt safe... I felt at home with them.

Sean and I became friends, the best of friends. I taught him a lot of things as well as fighting which I was taught by my father. He knew that I'm an assassin but he didn't know that I'm the assassin.

Very few people knew that.

Sean sat comfortably on my couch as if he owned it.

"So what brings you here?" I asked, taking a seat across him on another couch.

"You know all about the Italian Mafia right?" He asked, raising his brows. I nodded. Of course I did.

I've heard all about them, especially about their leader, Enzo De Luca. They say that he's arrogant, cold and heartless.

If there was one person that I wouldn't like to be in the same room with... then that would be Enzo De Luca.

But why was Sean asking me this question now? What the hell did he do this time? This wasn't the first time that he did something bad and needed my help to fix it.

He sighed before rubbing his forehead. Whenever he would do those two things, it means that it was something bad.

"You know...the uh- Don..and I decided to become...allies.. And I- uh-"

"You what?" I asked, impatiently.

"I..." He scratched the back of his neck, "I accepted and now he wants me to send someone who's part of the American mafia to stay with the Italians while someone from the Italian Mafia will stay with the Americans. It's like an exchange...you know..temporary exchange."

"I don't see the problem with that."

"Well... You know Linda, right? Our best assassin.." He said to which I nod. I knew Linda. If she wasn't such a bitch then maybe we would've been friends.

"Enzo De Luca wanted our best assassin...so we were planning to send her." He continued.

"Okay?" I asked, unsure of what I should say.

"You see...the problem is that...Linda's mother suddenly fell sick and she won't be able to go to to the Italian Mafia.."

"Did you tell Enzo about this?" I asked, furrowing my brows. He nodded before saying, "Yeah and he asked us to send our second best assassin and I kind of..."

"You kind of what?"

"Igaveyourname" he mumbled quickly. It took a while to be able to make out what he said.

My eyes widened when my mind finally registered his words "You what?"

"I'm sorry but I had no choice! You know...our other assassins, they didn't want to go there, they are scared and some are busy...and I don't wanna send them against their will. Linda wasn't scared because she thought that she would make a move on Enzo. Pathetic."

"So you suggested me as the second best assassin?" I asked, unable to believe my own ears. He suggested me as the second best assassin while I'm the fucking first and best assassin world wide.

"Please...You should go. Do it for me, please?" He pouted, giving me puppy eyes. Who would've thought that he was the Leader of the American Mafia...Don't get me wrong. He's also known as cold and heartless but really, he isn't. Well...you saw it for yourself.

He behaves like a freaking kid.

As much as I did not want to go to the Italian Mafia...I had to. Sean literally did so much for me and I had yet to repay him. If this was how he wished to be repaid then...

Italian Mafia, here I come.

➷➷➷➷➷