73

"What's going o— oh Enzo, it's you." In front of me, stood a very unfamiliar woman and man who I assumed must be the reason why Bianca was even born in the first place.

I walked towards them, with my gun in my hands. I grabbed the woman's hair and pulled them slightly, bending her head backwards, then I pointed my gun under her jaw, "Where is my son?"

"I- d-dont know what you're talking about!" The woman trembled. The man tried to free his wife but Enzo stopped him by pointing his gun to him, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Where is your daughter?" I asked and watched as the woman's eyes widened, "B-Bianca? I- d-don't know."

I pulled her hair so that her head was bending even more backwards, "Last chance. Where is she?"

"O-On t-the r-roof." Her voice was shaking which only made me smirk. Still holding her hair, I shoved her aside before making my way to the roof. What the hell was that woman planning to do?

Once we were on the roof, we saw Bianca standing in front of Nick who was tied in a chair and was dangerously close to the edge of the house. One wrong move and he would fall.

My heart almost stopped at the sight. Nick had tears pooling from his eyes and his face was pale. Enzo released a shaky breath at the sight and I saw his fist clenching at his sides.

"Bianca" He spoke, "You don't have to do this. He's just a child."

"He's not just any child. He's your child! He's the reason why you can't marry me!" Bianca shouted, "I'm gonna end his useless life and then I'm gonna kill myself. My life doesn't make sense anymore!"

"Mommy? Daddy?" Nick cried, "I'm scared."

"Shut up!" Bianca shouted at Nick who visibly flinch and cried harder, "Don't call him daddy! He's not your dad, do you understand me? You're a bastard!"

"Bianca!" Enzo clenched his jaw, "Fucking shut up!"

"Why should I?" Bianca smirked, "I'm going to kill him all while you watch. You'll hear his screams and cries as he falls and you're gonna blame yourself for it."

My heart was breaking with every passing second just by looking at the state my son was. He was only four. I stepped forward only to receive a yell from the bitch, "One move and I'll push him."

I stopped instantly and backed away.

"Y-You don't have to do this..." I found myself stuttering, "He's just a baby. He doesn't have anything to do with this. Just let him go. Take me instead."

She shook her head, "No! Shut up before I lose it and push him right now!"

"I don't want to die..." Nick sobbed, shaking his head. My hand unconsciously grabbed those of Enzo's. He tightened his grip around my hand as if reassuring me that everything will be alright. I glanced up at Enzo who had tears in his eyes. He was crying and It was the first time I was seeing him do so.

"It's going to be okay, kiddo." Enzo tried to console Nick who only shook his head. "I- I'm scared."

"I know..." Enzo mumbled then realized that Nick wouldn't be able to hear him considering the distance, he cleared his throat, "I know.  I won't let anything happen to you."

"Promise?" Nick asked through his sobs. Enzo nodded, "Promise." He looked down at me, before looking at Bianca, "I'll do whatever you want me to. Just...please don't hurt him. Let him go."

Bianca began laughing like a maniac and shook her head, "You don't get it, do you? I don't want only you! I want your love, your care, your affection! I want you to love me and only me! If I let him go, you'll love him too and I can't let that happen." Bianca was a psychopath.

"I'll take him away from here then you can have Enzo all to yourself." I spoke up, my voice surprisingly coming out strong. Again, she laughed, "As tempting as that sounds,I have to refuse."

"Then what the fuck do you want us to do so that you would let Nick go?" Enzo was clenching his fist so hard that his knuckles were turning white and his veins were extremely visible.

Bianca smirked and was about to reply when the sound of gunshot went off and a bullet made contact with her forehead. She dropped dead on the ground.

Without caring to see who shot her, both Enzo and I rushed to Nick. I untied him and couldn't stop the tears when I saw his relieved expression. He instantly threw himself in both our embrace and we hugged him back.

"See? You're fine." Enzo said, pulling away. He wiped his tears before planting a lingering kiss on his forehead. Nick smiled at him before hugging us again, "I'm alive." He said, chuckling, "I'm fuc— alive."

When we parted away, Enzo picked Nick up and held him in his arms. We turned around and saw Alessio standing there with his gun pointed at us making our eyes widened, "A-Alessio?"

Alessio smirked, "In the flesh. Goodbye."

Just when I thought he was about to pull the trigger, he broke into a fit of laughter and dropped to the ground, clutching to his sides.  "You should've seen your faces",he said in between the laughs making Enzo, Nick and I exhaled in relief. Alessio was fucking crazy.

He composed himself and stood up with a grin, "Bianca's dead, finally. I killed her. She was such a pain in the ass, honestly." He walked towards her body and turned her face to the side with his foot, for us to see the bullet in her forehead.

Well guess I won't be able to torture the life out of her, never mind then.

Enzo walked towards Alessio and handed him Nick. Alessio smiled as Nick wrapped his small arms around his neck, hugging him.

Seconds later, Alessio spoke, "Say thank you."

"Why?" Nick asked, unwrapping his arms around his neck.

"Because I just saved your little life." Alessio replied making Nick roll his eyes, "Fine. Whatever, thank you."

"Let's go see the others. They are worried about you." Alessio said before taking Nick away.

Before I could proceed what was happening, I felt a pair of hand wrapped around my waist and a pair of soft lips against my own. Enzo smiled against my lips as I kissed him back.

Minutes later, we broke the kiss. Enzo was about to say something when my eyes landed on a gun pointed towards him. Without thinking twice, I pushed him away at the same time as the gunshot went off.

I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and the next thing I knew, I was falling backwards. I kept falling and falling until I finally crashed into something and that's when I was pulled into darkness.

•─────✧─────•
A/N:
Thank you for
100K reads!! It
means a lot 🙏
•─────✧─────•

➷➷➷➷➷