24

|Lea's POV|

Today we would return back to Enzo's mansion—where I usually stay. We were all having breakfast when the door flew open and someone walked in.

Alessio.

"The job is done," were the first words he said to Enzo before his eyes fell on me. I ignored him and continued to eat my food, pretending like he wasn't there.

He left without saying a word and now he's back, wanting to do what? Hang out and eat ice cream?

When our parents died, I spent every single day looking for him but in vain. He was too good at hiding and He didn't bother to look for me, yet I forgave him because I was too darn happy to have found my brother again.

It's been what? weeks?...since I last saw him. He didn't even bother to tell me where he was going or for how long.

"Lea, I'm sorry..." He apologized, knowing that I was mad. I'm bound to be. I was worried—even though I didn't show it but I was.

When he said the last words, everybody's heads snapped in his direction like he wasn't used to apologize. I also noticed how the atmosphere changed when Alessio walked in. Everybody stiffened. It was like they were scared of him. The same thing happens when Enzo would walk in or passed somebody.

I could hear some people mumbling few things;
"Did he just apologize?"
"Who is that girl to him?"
"Is she his girlfriend?"
"Are they close?"
"Why is he apologizing?"

"I would have told you but I didn't get the time to. Forgive me, please?"

"Tell me what?" I asked, my voice came out unexpectedly cold.

"About this mission..." He then groaned in pain. My eyes fell on his bloodied shirt and I noticed that it was becoming redder and redder. What the hell?

I immediately stood up, making the chair fall back. I ran to Alessio and lifted the shirt. I gasped when I saw a bullet right in his abdomen.

"Fuck—" I cursed. Enzo was already behind me with his phone near his ears, calling for help.

I held Alessio as he was slowly falling on the ground. He rested his head on my lap, not caring about the stares we were getting. He is my brother for God's sake—

"Who shot you?" I demanded. He shook his head, "It's not a good idea..."

"Give me a name." I said, tears threatening to fall. It's been forever since I haven't shed a tear.

"Trevor Kent. He has already been captured..don't do anything stupid.." was the last thing he said before he lost consciousness.

**

I leaned against the wall and waited for the doctors to come out of the room where my brother was getting treated. Enzo was leaning against the wall in front of me, with an emotionless face.

I was covered in blood—in my brother's blood. There were a lot of people waiting with me and Enzo. Arabella, Blake, Antonio, Dante and Dominic were among.

"We need to interrogate Trevor." Dominic said to Enzo who didn't reply.

"Don...getting Trevor was the whole purpose of this mission. He risked his life for this so let's get it done once and for all. Only Trevor can tell us where Vladimir's base is." Dante said in a serious voice.

"Fine" Enzo said, "Let's go."

"I'm coming with you." I stated seriously. He shook his head, "No."

"No?" I scoffed, "Watch me."

"Stop being such a fucking pain in the ass!" He snapped, "Disobey me one more time and I fucking swear, I'll kill you."

'I'd like to see you try. Trevor Kent is mine to torture and mine to kill." I deadpanned.

Bianca, the bitch, intervened, "Don't talk to the Don like that. You are just an average assassin, you don't kill people." She scoffed, "And Just because Alessio apologized to you and slept with you doesn't mean that you became special to him. You're just another whore of his. You can just fuck off." She rolled her eyes while I clenched my fist at her words.

I took a deep breath, calming my nerves. "Unless you want to end up six feet underground, stay the hell away from me. I won't repeat myself." My tone was deadly. Something flashed in Bianca's eyes making me smirk, knowing that it was fear. She knew that I was not kidding.

"Let's go" I turn to Enzo and walked away without giving him the time to say anything else.

➷➷➷➷➷