23

|Ryan's POV|

Last week, if you would have asked me if I was ready for this fight I would have replied with a no. But if you ask me the same question today, my answer will be yes.

I'm more than ready. I was trained by Lea. She's a very smart and confident as well as strong and beautiful woman. She inspired me in many ways.

She's like the sister I've never had. I had no idea why she was helping me but I was grateful that she did otherwise I doubt that I would even hold that long in this fight.

Brad kept on throwing punches and kicks in my direction. Like Lea told me, I observed him very well. I observed their actions and it seemed like they were going like a certain rhythm.

He would punch with right hands first then punch with his left hands twice. Then he would kick with his left foot twice before with his right foot.

I managed to block several kicks and punches but also failed in blocking some. It was getting harder and harder with every passing second yet I wasn't tired. Brad was sweating which meant that he was tired.

Perfect.

Before I could make a move, I received a kick in the stomach, making me fall on the ground. Brad smirked and walked towards me.

I took him off guard by kicking him in the back of his legs, making him fall on his knees. I then pressed his pressure point and watched as he fell unconscious.

Then I began attacking Brad by kicking him in his abdomen. He groaned in pain just before I threw a hard punch in his jaw. He fell on the ground and I jumped on him, pinning him on the ground with all the force in my body.

He was unable to move. His hands finally tapped the ground three times in defeat. The crowd erupted. Some were shouting, some were clapping but I couldn't care less about them. My eyes fell on Lea who was smiling proudly at me.

She was confident that I would win and here I am...the winner. I smiled gratefully at her before glancing at The Don who only nodded his head.

"The winner is...Ryan Gonzalez!!" Someone shouted, making everyone clap their hands. Then everyone began making their way out except Lea, Don, Blake, Antonio, Dante, Dominic and Arabella.

I got out of the ring and walked towards Lea who smiled before she patted my shoulder, "Congrats."

"Thank you" I replied, "None of this would have been possible without your help so, thank you. I'll be forever grateful."

"Anytime" she replied before walking away. Don and the other ones who were present stared at me in confusion.

"Why were you thanking her?" Dominic asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Oh...she trained me." I replied with a smile, "She trained me everyday since past few days for this day. Without her, I'd have lost today."

Don only nodded and left the gym while the others smiled at me and congratulated me one more time before leaving too.

➷➷➷➷➷