61

|Azalea's POV|

I paced back and forth in the living room, anxious. Several questions running in my head, did Alessio tell him? Is he angry? What if he tries to take him away from me?

'You are an assassin, woman. Nobody can take your son from you.' My subconscious reminded making me roll my eyes. I knew that.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of engines going off. Seconds later, Sean walked into the house with Nick in his arms. He closed the door behind him.

"How did it go?" I asked, letting curiosity getting the best of me.

Sean took a deep breath, "God, he's furious. He's coming to take your son away from you. Let's just fly to another country, just me, you and Nick. We'll be happy."

"He wants to take him away from me?" I asked, my heart beating faster than it should. Sean nodded, placing Nick on the ground who then ran to me.

I picked him up and hugged him.

"Don't listen to that idiot" Nick mumbled, "He wasn't even there."

What?

"You're an a—" I cut myself off, glaring at Sean, "I'm going to kill you."

Sean raised his hands to his sides with a smirk, "But my idea wasn't bad though."

Before I could reply, Nick beat me up to it, "Shut up." I smirked at what he said as I ran my fingers though his soft brown hairs "Where's Alessio?"

"He's probably dying" Sean scoffed to which I rolled my eyes in response. I walked over to one of the couch and placed Nick on it.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"My dad is handsome" He said making me fight a smile. Damn right, he was. "Does he love me?"

"Of course he does" I said almost instantly and watched as he play with his hands, "Does he love you?"

I went quiet at that. Did he love me? Even I didn't know that.

"If he doesn't love you then I don't love him either" He said rolling his small eyes.

Before I could say anything, the door flew open and a crowd of people bursted into Alessio's house.

I stood in front of Nick, hiding him away from whoever they were. My body, however, relaxed when I saw Alessio among the people. It was then when I took a closer look at them.

There stood the people who I considered as family;  Ricardo, Maria, Arabella, Paulo Blake, Antonio, Marissa, Izzy and Freddy. They were all looking at me with a shocked expression on their faces.

"Hey sis" Alessio spoke up, "I've brought guests."

"Where's he?" Asked a familiar voice which I thought I'd never hear again. My head snapped to that person's direction and saw Enzo standing there in a suit.

My eyes unconsciously scanned his hand, looking for the engagement ring and I internally smirked when I didn't see any.

I took a step aside, revealing Nick to the others. I took in their expressions. Maria had her hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes as well as Ricardo who also had tears in his eyes. Arabella had a smile playing on her lips, Paulo was grinning while Antonio and Blake were looking at Nick with a smirk.

"I'm gonna pamper this kid. I'll be his favourite uncle!" Blake clasped his hands together. He hasn't changed, has it?

Alessio smacked him on the back of his head, "I'm his favourite uncle, idiot."

"Well, that's gonna change." Antonio said to Alessio who rolled his eyes in response.

"He looks exactly like Enzo when he was young." Ricardo stated making me roll my eyes, of course, internally.

I bet if I didn't tell them that he was Enzo's son, they'd never see the similiarity.

"He's so cute!" Arabella squealed in excitement. My eyes fell on Enzo who was staring at Nick with adoration in his eyes.

He walked towards Nick and stopped when he was standing right in front of him. He got on his knees, meeting his level. Nick looked up at me as if asking for my permission to do something.

I gave him an encouraging smile in doing whatever he was about to do. What he did next surprised me as well as everyone else in the room. He hugged his dad.

Enzo seemed taken aback by his action but instantly hugged him back tight.

After what felt like hours, the two parted away. Nick flashed him a smile which Enzo returned instantly, "Go meet the rest of our family."

Nick nodded and walked to his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins with a grin on his face.

Enzo stood up and turned to face me. The smile which was on his face turned into a frown, "We need to talk."

"Fine" I huffed, "Come with me." I started to walk away with Enzo following me when I heard the familiar voice of Alessio shouting from behind, "It's been barely five minutes and you two are already going to make up for the lost time."

"What does that mean?" Nick asked, confusion clear in his voice making both Enzo and I stop right in our tracks.

"I'm going to kill you" I mumbled and saw Enzo smirking in the corner of my eyes.

"Watch what you're saying. There's kids in the house" Arabella scolded while Enzo and I walked away to my room. It was time to have a freaking talk.

➷➷➷➷➷