35

The park was huge and crowded. It didn't feel right to be here though- I felt out of place. They were all family while I was...just an assassin who happened to have slept with the boss.

"Let's go eat some cotton candy!!" Izzy pointed to a small van where cotton candies and other candies, sweets were being sold. Arabella nodded at her daughter and son and took them both to buy what they wanted.

When they were done, they returned and stood with us as we watch the kids looking for a game or an activity they wanna try.

"Where's Marissa?" Antonio asked, looking around for the girl. We all knew how she looked since Enzo had run a background check on her. And I saw her photos when I looked for her address to deal with her dad the other day.

"There!" Blake pointed to a girl in blonde hairs walking towards us. She was beautiful, more beautiful than in the picture.

Blake waved at her, signalling her where we were, although it wasn't necessary since she already saw us.

"H-Hi" she greeted shyly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Hi, oh my gosh! You're so beautiful! No wonder you caught Blake's eyes." Arabella almost shouted in excitement.

Marissa blushed before thanking her. She then received compliments from Blake, Izzy, Paulo, Antonio, Dante, Dominic and even Freddy. In short, she received compliments from everyone except Enzo.

Marissa looked at me with a smile, "You must be Blake's future sister-in-law, Lea."

And I choked. I choked on air. What the fuck?

"I'm n—" Before I could reply, Blake cut in, "Yes, that's right. She's Enzo, my big brother's Fiancee." He shot me an apologetic look. He then glanced at Enzo and so did I. He had a stone cold look on his face.

"Fratello, per favore? Ho mentito. noi tutti facciamo. Voglio fare una buona impressione." Blake said to Enzo with a pleading look.
(Brother, please? I lied. we all do. I want to make a good impression.)

Good impression? 

So, Marissa didn't understand Italian? Good, good. 

"Hey let's go try that thing!" Arabella said, grabbing Marissa's hand and dragging her away along with Paulo, Antonio, the kids, Dominic and Dante.

"What impression? You want to make good impression? Okay fine. I could have been your cousin. Why...this creature's fiancee?" I asked Blake as soon as Marissa and the others were far away.

"Yeah but...that wouldn't explain the hickeys on your necks." He pointed to mine's and Enzo's necks. Our hands reached up to our necks instantly. "What if she had asked about them? What would I have told her? No its nothing...you know, Marissa, they are cousins with benefits!"

That shut me up. It's all his fault. Fuck, I even forgot to hide those bites.

"Can you guys please" he stressed on the word 'please' , "pretend that you guys are...a couple just for today and tomorrow since she'll be coming to the dinner too." 

"No"
"Fine"

"Wait what?" I asked, glaring at Enzo who smirked. "I don't mind being your Husband, tesoro." He then leaned in and whispered in my ears, "What happened last night wasn't a one-time thing. It happened once, it will happen again." I inhaled sharply at his words.

As much as I wanted him again- I couldn't do that again. Sleeping with him felt right last night. But I honestly thought that It would be a one time thing.

I could feel like I was growing attached- I couldn't let that happen...Could I? What if for once, I let my guard down? I mean, that could go wrong?

Blake was staring at us with a pleading face. I groaned before giving in, "Fine! You owe me."

"Thank you!!" Blake smiled brightly before hugging me. I hugged him back and broke the hug almost instantly.

Fuck, I was growing attached to the whole De Luca family.

He smiled and nodded at Enzo before joining the rest. Enzo and I stood there, side by side and watched everyone else having fun. Suddenly, I felt someone holding my hands.

I glanced up and saw him smirking while looking at our hands intertwined. "Come on, let's go have some fun."

"What kind of fun are you talking about here?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

He raised his brows at me,his eyes filled with amusement as he asked, "We are in an amusement park...what kind of fun do you think I'm talking about?"

Before I could reply, he widened his eyes dramatically. So...he wasn't that cold and emotionless, after all.

"You were thinking about- oh well damn- you have a very dirty mind." He smirked while I roll my eyes.

"Stop fucking around, De Luca."

"I don't fuck around, love. I fuck only in my house. And why are you calling me De Luca now? Why not Enzo? Like you were screaming last nig—" I cut him off.

"Enzo." I paused, "We are in a fucking amusement park."

"And...?" He furrowed his brows. I sighed, "We are in public. Now isn't the right time nor place to talk about what happened last night."

"Do I look like I care whether we're in public or not?"

"Yo—" I was cut off by the sound of Izzy screaming. Both Enzo and I snapped our heads towards the sound of her screams, getting alerted.

We sighed in relief when we saw that it was just Izzy who was crying with Arabella. They weren't in danger. We walked towards them.

"What's going on?" Enzo asked, looking at Izzy who was struggling to free herself from Arabella's grip. While, Freddy, on the other hand was trying to free himself from Paulo's grip.

Arabella looked up and Enzo and I before smirking. What now?

"Can you two get Izzy to win one of those teddy bears while Paulo and I go with Freddy on the ferris wheel?" She asked, her eyes shining with hope.

"Why can't you take her yourselves?" Enzo asked, furrowing his brows in confusion as well as curiosity.

"Well...To win that bear, you have to have a perfect aim and hit that spot and neither me nor Paulo have good aims." Arabella replied.

"Where's the rests?" Enzo asked again, his eyes glancing around in search of the boys and Marissa. He frowned when he couldn't see them anywhere.

"I think, Blake went with Marissa to make love somewhere. Dominic, Dante and Antonio went on the water ride." This time, it was Paulo who replied.

"So you'll help me win my teddy?" Izzy asked both Enzo and I with her puppy eyes. Why did she have to be so damn cute?

"Come on, let's win you that teddy." I said before taking her hands in mine. She held Enzo"s hand as we walked towards where she would get her bear.

➷➷➷➷➷