2. dare scream?

the day taehyung was born, the kingdom of baekje had its first rainfall after the severe drought.

the cries of the baby echoed along with the fresh smell of rain hitting mud and the roars of happiness from the people.

the midwife was astonished at the pink mop of hair on the delicate baby, but his mother had rejoiced.

it was no doubt that taehyung would grow up to be an omega for the baby already had notes of sweet cherry scent along with the milky tang.

while the queen smothered the pup with kisses, his alpha father had sneered in disgust.

"what use is a male omega? " the king had growled before marching out of the room, without even glancing at his pup.

but the omega prince had grew up with the love and care of his mother. he grew up to be the prettiest and cutest who stole everyones heart, including the people of baekje.

at his fifth birthday, the queen had took him out of the palace for the first time. the crowd astonishedly watched the beautiful prince with cherry rose hair.

the young prince inside his chariot had watched the world outside in awe and laughted heartily at the sight of kids of his age playing.

that was the first and last time taehyung had ever gotten out of the palace.

and when his mother had succumbed to a disease a few years later, the omega prince became the next target to his fathers cruelties.

in the dull darkness of the palace, the omega prince remained like a hidden treasure.

□□□

it was the second night after taehyungs latest escape incident.

he had cooped up in his room the entire day, the only place he ever felt safe. minsun, the elderly maid who had took care of him ever since his mother passed away, had slipped in some books from the library for him.

even if his life was shit, the prince was always eager to learn anything new, be it from the books or from the maids. he spend hours inside his room reading or drawing until he tired himself out.

but the books all layed in the table unopened today.

taehyung didn't even feel hungry anymore, or his body just got accustomed to it. he only quenched his thirst by drinking tap water from the bathroom sink.

the omega prince took a long shower. after he looked at himself in the mirror at his naked self.

he hated everything about him. his obnoxious hair color, his weak body, his curves. hated all of them.

only if he wasn't born as an omega, he could have had a better life. but ending up like the cruel alphas of his family didn't sound any better too.

minsun had once told him that the people of baekje praises his beauty and considers the rare male omega as a blessing for their kingdom.

but taehyung never understood why- he is just a weakling fed up with his own life.

taehyung slipped on a nightgown, its color a shade lighter than his hair and ran his fingers through the wet hair with a sigh.

he sneaked out of his room and went to his secret hiding place.

at the top right side of the palace was a balcony. it was high and the walls steep, so was always left unguarded.

at times his heart feel too heavy, he comes there and sits under the night sky.

when he was little, minsun had told him the brightest star on the sky was his eomma looking out for him. hugging his knees to the chest, taehyung had looked long at the sky.

taehyungs fingers caressed the ring dangling at the end of a long, thin silver chain on his neck. the ring, a memory of his mother.

"i'm so tired eomma" he sniffled.

"it hurts so much" taehyung let his tears fall easily. any physical pain was bearable for him, but the pain and emptiness in his heart was too much

those dead eyes had then looked ahead of the balcony. his steps had quivered when he stood up and walked to the very edge of it.

taehyung was always afraid of heights and his heart beating hard inside him when he stood at the end didn't scare him this time.

his brain was a whirlwind of thoughts. he wanted an escape.

he again glanced down at the steep wall, the height almost making him dizzy. the cool night air against his wet hair had goosebumps rise against his skin.

he could end it all right now.

he took a tentative step forward, his toes reaching the very edge.

the adrenaline was rushing through him. yet he felt empty.

he braced his hands on the short railing and anchored his body forward.

there is no one to miss him. he could happily dissappear from this world.

he could just escape from all the pain.

a whoosh of wind passed by taehyungs body, followed by the clack of footsteps.

then he had felt a movement at his periphery.

before taehyung could turn around, there was a feel of warm body near him and something sharp pressed to his side.

a panic rose within the omega, it about to morph into a scream.

just when he was about to open his mouth, a calloused hand gripped his neck.

"dare scream and i'll snap your neck" a low voice growled near his ear, warm breath tickling his neck.

taehyungs whole body petrified in fear, grey eyes wide open and hands limp at his sides, as an unknown scent of sandalwood engulfed him.

□□□