40. mates

a mate, its a lifetime commitment.

pretty scary, if you ponder on the thought.

but its reassuring too,
to think that you'll have someone to share your happiness and sorrows with, a someone you can watch getting older with you,
a someone with whom you can start a forever.

its beautiful.
and the thought brings in a lot of emotions.

once the mating marks were embedded forever on each others neck, that exactly had happened-
both overwhelmed by the mix of emotions, gazing at each other in awe, as if their mate is made up of all the stars in the universe.

and when that awe subsided, it was the frenzy of the rut again, amplified by the understanding that he has a mate to care for him now.
taehyung was equally affected, in the frenzy of his pregnancy hormones constantly aroused to take care of his mate's needs.

but 24 hours into the rut, them both messy and filthy in the bed, taehyung had hiccuped out a- "c-cant--- need rest, alpha"

jungkook had freezed above him, immediately pulling out even if it took the last of his self control.

doesn't matter it is the peak of his rut; the alpha could never forget the fact that his mate is carrying their pup and to take care of the other is above his own needs.

jerking himself off to climax and then taking breaths to calm down, jungkook had composed himself enough to carry taehyung to the bathroom, holding the other up as he quickly washed off the sweat, slick and cum, the water cooling down his own senses too.

taehyung had whined, mouthing at jungkooks neck on the mating mark, slowly relaxing into the hold under the gentle praises his alpha uttered for him.

taehyungs hands would occasionally stray down, the need to satisfy his alpha an inherent trait in him, but jungkook would stop him.
instead he dried up taehyung with a fluffy towel then himself, before helping taehyung to slip into a comfortable short robe.

it was not just about the sex for him.
taking care of his mate equally satisfied his alpha instincts.

the next an hour or so had went by with jungkook making the other drink lots of water, the omega greedily gulping it down later passing the bottle to the alpha silently asking him to take care of himself too.

then with a lapful of his mate, jungkook fed the other fruits and cooked meat until taehyung is full and emitting happy pheromones in the air.

"my mate-- you're so beautiful"

"so perfect for me"

"i'm so lucky to have you"

jungkook was long gone into his dominant headspace, praising taehyung with each bite the other took, contentedly watching the way color rose high on taehyungs cheeks.

the other thing that came with the instincts was the over-protectiveness over their unborn pup.
"you take care of yourself so well, my omega"
"our pup is going to be so healthy--" jungkook would praise with a hand possessively over taehyungs tummy.

"you'll take care of them, dont you? will give me lots of pups, right?" jungkook would mumble kissing on the others mating mark and taehyung would nod to everything, too blissed out to care about anything other than jungkook.

but, there was only so much self restraint an alpha could have- jungkooks muscles straining and skin getting hotter with want as time fly by.

"let me take care of you, alpha" noticing it, taehyung had maneuvered jungkook to lay on the now fresh bedsheets, taehyung then taking off his own robe to not make it dirty with his slick again.