10. a bad start

from the way the alphas were tense and through their conversations, taehyung picked up that the villagers would not be very hospitable with him.

so he was mentally prepared ahead.

he expected anger, hatred or the people to be wary of him. he even expected them to laugh at his hair.

but what he was met with, was another emotion- fear. they were afraid of him.

taehyung was nervous and excited when traces of human settlement came into view, after endless greenery.

the alphas had moved to walk on foot, the omega now alone on jungkooks horse as it slowly moved forward, with jungkooks hand still on the reigns.

people already started looking their way with smiles and some already coming to welcome the alphas.

it was clear that the alphas were nervous, especially namjoon; when the horse stopped, taehyung got off it, partially hiding himself behind the alpha and resorting to peeking occasionally.

all the happy voices after reaching closer turned into whispers and audible gasps, probably after noticing the omega.

taehyung didnt bother hiding his hair, for if he is going to live among these people, there is no use keeping it under the robe. now it stuck out like a sore thumb among all of it.

amidst, taehyung did dare to take a look at the crowd, probably hoping to give a wave or smile; but the noises only increased when he moved. they all looked afraid of him.

taehyung doesnt know what about him is there to be scared of. he is clueless, a little cute and has funny hair. how is that possibly scary?

and then amongst the crowd, a form came crashing into namjoon.

"joonie, i missed you" that male clinged to namjoon and the alpha had lifted and twirled him.

"must be his mate" taehyung thought.

maybe sensing the tense atmosphere, the said male confusedly looked around. and when he found taehyungs form, the male let out an audible gasp, before turning to namjoon in horror.

"j-joon, is that-" namjoons mate stammered.

"darling, can you take taehyung to the omega's den" namjoon had said in a calm voice to his mate.

"b-but joon" the other started.

"hey, trust me" the alpha had assured with a dimpled smile and a kiss to the others cheek.

taehyung was too busy staring wide eyed at the mates. so when jungkook called him, he did startle.

"go with seokjin hyung" jungkook had said tilting his head to the mates way.

taehyung gulped. he was so anxious.

"dont worry your little head too much, cherry" the alpha slowly added with a smile, nudging him to move forward.

it felt good to be reassured and the omega smiled back before following after namjoons mate.

when he moved forward, the crowd hastily parted as if being in the omegas vicinity will burn them.

in a way, the omega saw himself in every one of those faces- the same fear. he doesn't know whats going on, but he's not liking it.

maybe he shouldn't have came with them.

maybe he indeed is a curse, like his father says.

□□□

walking through the unfamiliar rocky terrain, one hand clutching to jungkooks robe on him like a life line, taehyung followed after namjoons mate.

there wasn't much to see; he could see people working on fields, some taking care of cattles, small huts scattered around the place and just lots of rocks. there was no grandeur, just simple people.

seokjin only stopped when they reached infront of a cave; not dark or eerie rather bright and clean. there was a sliding door made of wood at the mouth of cave and the other pushed it open, taehyung following behind.

inside was spacious and bright, a mix of scents, ragged stones hanging from ceiling and various beds strewn across along with various belongings of people. the cave was not deep and was warm.

seokjin fidgeted by one of the bed, looking as scared of him as others.

taehyung felt so bad.

taehyung stood by the door, feeling so out of place and hoping one of the alphas would come get him soon.

then he had noticed the scent. it was sweet.

namjoons mate is an omega.

"you're a male omega?" taehyung blurted out and the other visibly flinched at the sudden voice.

"uhm yes?" the other said looking at taehyung as if waiting for his next move.

"me too! i've never seen another one before" taehyung chirped, eyes now bright and curious.

"ahh.." seokjin giggled, relaxing a bit.

then that awkward silence continued.

thankfully, soon someone knocked at the door and seokjin scrambled to open it, taehyung moving out of the way.

taehyung gratefully sighed seeing it was jungkook.

"come with me, cherry" the alpha beckoned at taehyung.

seokjin raised a brow at the nickname and the alpha narrowed his eyes, probably saying "dont dare comment on it, hyung".

taehyung slided past seokjin and joined the alpha and they started walking a few steps away before stopping.

"so, we explained all that happened to everyone" the alpha started without further ado, almost looking irritated.

"and they want to know about your side of story." the alpha continued.

"tell them why you choose this village rather than the palace" jungkook paused. taehyung was figdgeting, worrying his bruised lips, looking clearly anxious.

"are you okay with that, cherry?" the alpha was clearly waiting for answer. he himself looked too stressed

taehyung doesn't know if he can do that. he never shared anything about himself with anyone and going through all that memories is really hard. but giving the people who might offer him a home, an explanation of his situation is the least he can do.

"o-okay" the omega agreed.

"you sure" the alpha asked and the omega nodded. jungkook seem to relax a bit at it.

taehyung wonders if he brought trouble to the alphas too.

□□□

a/n: isn't joons "bicycle" just so soothing
╥﹏╥