15. wont forget

unlike the usual days, taehyung wasn't that enthusiastic when he woke up.

the first he opened his eyes, it atleast took 30 seconds for the ceiling to stop bouncing in his vision.

and then the headache he had made him dizzy.

moving his drowsy body off bed was another challenge; mainly because the tiredness was so hard, it felt like an elephant is sitting on top of him.

he took a deep sigh, and his senses got assaulted with potent scent of sandalwood, that is all over himself.

an omega who was on her way out of the den, raised an amused smirk his way.

then, everything that had happened yesterday night came to taehyungs muddled brain, one by one.

to say taehyung was mortified would be an understatement.

he cant believe, a few glasses of wine in and he lost all his omega to mouth filter.

his omega was always a cheeky and horny bastard; seems like it took the chance he got.

"stupid stupid omega" he gave a hit to his own head, only to groan when his headache intensified.

after done with his self loathing, he managed to freshen up and drag himself to the breakfast table.

seokjin, who looked ten times better than himself, had placed a soup in front of him with a "good morning" to which taehyung only managed to grunt.

"hurry up. dont you have practice at the nursery today?" the omega had reminded him and taehyung wanted to cry.

the soup had somewhat settled his stomach and cleared up his mind.
hoping he would never cross paths with jungkook ever again, he made his way to the nursery.

it was just a small structure, more than enough to house pups of the small village. kids of every age were already running outside, both in wolf and human forms, and the sight itself was soothing.

taehyung smoothed his fingers through his hair before going to one of the woman who was looking over the pups.

taehyung was embarrassed.

how was he going to introduce himself?
"hey i'm taehyung. i'm an adult, but i dont know how to shift" ?

thankfully the woman had noticed taehyung approaching her and was already adorning a friendly smile.

a sniff of air and he could know that she is an alpha. she had silky black long hair, sharp eyes and a fit, curvy body. the omega was already feeling a bit self consious.

"hey there! i was wondering when you were going to show up" the alpha had said his way and taehyung could only give a sheepish smile.

"i'm hwasa. jungkook had told me you need help with..." the alpha trailed off, probably because of the lack of response from the omega.

"shifting. i find it difficult to do." taehyung quickly added. "and i'm taehyung. thankyou for agreeing to help me" he completed with a smile.

"you're cute" hwasa had said before asking him to follow her, which taehyung did with a shy smile.

when they were a safe distance away from the pups, hwasa had anything but undid her robe throwing it away, causing taehyung to choke on thin air and hastily turn away.

taehyung felt a whoosh of air and a thud. the omega turned around to see a big brown wolf in hwasa's place, cocking its head at him.

that was his cue to shift too.

the omega had again turned around, shedding his clothes and shifted to his white wolf which was smaller than hwasa.

when taehyung took a step forward, his legs shook and he froze in place before he will fall.

"you just need some practice with footing. will be ready in max two days" hwasa had mind-linked. that was good to know for taehyung used to think he was defective in some way.

over the next hours, hwasa had taught him how to have control over his wolf, things to focus when he is in forest and how to accomodate with the changes of wolf forms.

they even played catch around the nursery building.

taehyung had shifted multiple times and was all feeling better by noon. hwasa had deemed that was enough training for the day.

"you're a savior" the omega had hugged the alpha and the other reciprocating it with a twinkling laugh.

then, he had heard someone clearing their throat behind him.

taehyung had turned around to see jungkook standing there with a huge basket, eyes narrowed at hwasa's hand on taehyungs waist.

"lunch for pups" jungkook had all but outstretched the basket to hwasa, causing her to retrieve her hand on taehyung to hold the heavy basket.

"i will get going then. see you tomorrow, taehyung" hwasa had smiled at taehyung and then threw a wink jungkooks way.

taehyung was frozen on spot, hoping jungkook wont bring up anything that happened yesterday night.

"so, how did the practice go?" the alpha enquired and taehyung relaxed. maybe the alpha was too drunk to remember anything. he escaped afterall.

"it went good! hwasa was so patient. she said i can go for a run tomorrow!" taehyung was buzzing with excitement.

now both of them were slowly walking towards the dining hall since it was time for lunch.

"thats good to know" the alpha said in a calm voice.

a comfortable silence had settled then.

"spin like a top huh?" jungkooks amused voice had said, laced with a laugh and goddess taehyung just wanted to dig a hole and dissappear from there.

"i have no idea what you're saying" the omega had said in an even voice, eyes straight ahead.

jungkook find it too much entertaining to see the way the color rised on taehyungs neck, it almost matching with the omegas cherry hair.

"oh i dont think so, cherry" the alpha continued teasing and taehyung denied everything with a burning face.

when they reached the dining hall, people were already scattered around having their food.

an excited jimin had waved both his small hands their way and taehyung took that chance to escape from jungkooks teasing.

just as they waited for lunch, both the new best friends talked about their day.

but soon everything stopped when they heard a commotion outside, followed by loud yellings.

jungkook had bolted out of the hall followed by some other people.

when jimin too started standing up with a concerned face, taehyung was all anxious.

"jimin, w-whats happening" the omega prince asked, but the beta didn't even glance his way in the run.

confused, taehyung too went after him.

he saw a flash of someone running with a pup in their hand, followed by another alpha with a weak adult in his arms too.

"w-whats happening?" taehyung again murmured as he took careful steps to the crowd that had gathered.

a beta, taehyung remember works with hoseok, who stood next to him snarled at the omega prince.

wide eyed, he took a step back, his own heart eratic as everyone either ignored him or threw warying glances his way.

□□□