32. prisoners

over the roaring anger of the king and the beating of his own heartbeat, jungkook momentarily was shocked looking at his own retracting blood stained nails-
the way his alpha overtook just like that, it even shocked him.

he had then lifted his head up, eyes frantically searching for taehyungs form and the omega already had his hands jungkooks way, trying to get to his alpha with teary eyes.

but jungkook couldn't even touch him, let alone hold him.

there were hands holding him down, delivering him kicks, swords against his neck as he was dragged back and on his periphery he saw jimin and yoongi's fighting forms being held down with weapons too.

there were guards and the king running upto daejungs form on the floor, who was coughing up blood.

over his own fruitless protest and growls, jungkook was dragged away from his omega again.

□□□

there were many things that had happened in baekje in the past couple of days.

first was the announcement, followed by the two days of mourning the king had declared, for the alpha prince of baekje was no more.

kim daejung had succumbed to a painful death one day after an intruder attacked him at the palace premises.

second was another announcement pasted on boards on all corners of baekje-
"the murderer of the alpha prince, jeon jungkook would be hanged publicly two days from now on and his two accomplices will be sentenced to lifetime imprisonment".

baekje was restless- people had something to be secretly happy about- because they didn't have to fear the cruel prince anymore.

back in the palace prison, its been two days since jungkook was imprisoned, two days till he is declared to be hanged.

the alphas both arms were chained to metal bars, them positively hurting.
"if namjoon and hoseok isn't here by tonight, i swear to goddess-" jungkook grunted for the nth time pulling at the chains.

the place looked like literal hell on earth, the stone walls thick and no light what so ever entering.
there were dust and grime all over the floor and dead rats at the corners,
not even guards come inside due to the stench, and it was pure torture.

across from his cell was yoongi and jimin, them not binded but still looking worse to wear,
"i will fucking kill hoseok myself if he too gets caught" yoongi leaned his head on the metal bars, then grimacing at the slime all around the floor.
jimin affirmatively grunted from the other side over the rattle of jungkook again trying to break the chains.

jungkook was the same these two whole days,
more than the pain he himself is facing, what hurt him was taehyung; how beaten up his omega had looked;
jungkook wondered if thats why his alpha had acted that reckless.

nevertheless jungkook had zero remorse on having killed daejung- that disgrace of an alpha didn't deserve to live anyway.

what he fears was that namjoon and hoseok wouldn't make it on time,
then he'd be hanged before he can hold taehyung once again.

when they were still circling around the palace and they had spotted the guards, had they made the sudden decision of hoseok and namjoon slowly retreating back.

even if the guards know their presence, there was no way they could've guessed how many were there in the darkness and thick canopy.

so jungkook, jimin and yoongi had came forward and surrendered while namjoon and hoseok had ran further into the darkness away from the guards who were inspecting the area.

he knows what they've planned isn't easy- that there is honestly a less chance for namjoon and hoseok to successfully do it and then come rescue them.

jungkook prays to everything and anything up above to be on their good side atleast this time,

that no more innocent lives would be lost again.

two floors up above the underground prison, taehyung was nothing but a mess.

ever since he came to know about the declaration of jungkook going to be hanged, the omega was screaming and crying, banging at the door and telling them to not hurt his alpha.

but all had gone to deaf ears.

at one time his father had barged in the room, drunken as ever,
"You made that fucker kill my son" the old king roared at the omega.

"you fucking killed your own brother, are you happy now?"

"yes, i am father" maybe its the hatred, all the pain doing the talking, but indeed he was proud of his alpha for killing his imbecile of a brother.

"I will have that scum hanged right infront you-" the king spitted out before barging out.

but as the hours went by and taehyung was locked in the chamber with no one allowed to come in, not even minsun, taehyung felt all his sanity leaving him.

no, he cant have his alpha dying because of him.

jungkook is his only love, his pups father-

jungkook doesn't deserve this.

they can't have such an ending.

so taehyung banged at the wall for hours, for thats all he could do now.

and as a day went by, he fell down in wobbly legs and cried.

"please dont kill him" taehyung mumbled in between hiccups curling in on a ball, his stomach hurting for some reason and head feeling heavy like lead.

two stone floors down, in the eerieness of the prison, blood still oozing out of his wounds, jungkooks mind had only one mantra-
"hang in there, cherry"

for even if jungkook gets hanged, he had promised his friends to rescue taehyung from this hell at all cost.

□□□