36. solutions

even if the worst of it was over, still there were uncertainties regarding the future of baekje.

"i dont want a life in this palace and definitely dont want to rule" was what taehyung said in their small meeting with their friends group.

the meeting was more than necessary considering none of them could sleep when they know there are thousands out there looking upto them now.

"but i dont want to leave the people uncertain too--we will have to find another solution" he added, already feeling too stressed as he leaned further onto jungkooks chest.

taehyung had went out today to meet and assure people.

"there are no crops, my prince-"

"pups are dying of malnutrition-"

"high taxes-- no supplies in infirmarys-- no money--"

it was overwhelming for taehyung to hear all there sufferings and the omega had promised them to help them, reducing the taxes being the first order he let out.

"we'll find a way, cherry" jungkook kissed his omega on his lap, hands protectively on the others middle as he's been doing lately and lips trailing over taehyungs scent glands soothingly.

none of their friends made any comments even if the couples were grossly cute infront of them- they thinking that maybe it was due to the seperation.

yes, taehyung still hadn't broke the news of pregnancy to anyone, waiting till seokjin arrives here along with any villagers who want to move back to their homeland.

"tae, what happened to hanjae?" jimin had asked amidst the meeting, the betas voice still gravely from the cough.

just at the mention of hanjae's name, jungkook had rumbled in displeasure, hands tightening around his omega possessively.

"he is dead." that was all taehyung said and jungkook was really pleased with the response.

"uh? i wanted to kill that fucker myself" jimin grumbled under his breath, then proceeding to cough at the irritation in his throat.

the meeting was adjourned, all of them going to their respective rooms, meanwhile namjoon sulking behind them, impatient to see his mate.

□□□

"- his body is too weak now, he will need to eat more healthy" first thing in the morning, jungkook had visited the healer who checked taehyung.

the infirmary, somewhat close to the palace was basically a hut, with herbs of all sorts planted outside and few beds placed parallel inside it.

"there could be complications if he wont gain back his strength-" jungkook tensed at the words,
"it could harm both the omega and the pup-" jungkook had growled low at the words, but the healer remained unfaced.

"we- were planning to mate. will that cause trouble?" jungkook had asked, albeit a bit shy, looking up at the old healer hopefully.

"no, that will be good for the omega actually-" the healer had supplied and jungkook had breathed out in relief.

then after many more questions to the healer regarding pregnancy, which was a topic jungkook had absolutely no knowledge on, the old healer had went inside and brought a book, almost throwing it at the alpha.

"read." the healer had stated, before going inside with a hand on her aching spine.

'Pregnancy guide for first time parents'
the title of the book stared at him.