44. reward

as always, all the hell broke loose on a happy, busy day.

it was the day in which the first formal elections happened on the kingdom, the initially elected eight representatives from the districts selecting their president today.

there was a lot of anticipation, every single one excited over this new endeavor- even harmless bets going around on who might win.

it was a kind request that their previous kings should announce the results, which both jungkook and taehyung was more than happy to do.
so they had announced the results with taehyung hugging his bump with a huge smile on his face- them standing on the newly built podium on the same place were they stood months back as prisoners- this time not infront of an angry crowd, instead the place permeating with scents of happiness and anticipation.

"congratulations kim namjoon-ssi!" the mates had announced with the happiest of smiles, clapping along with the roars of cheers that arose from the crowd and the huge grins on their friends face.

as jungkook had gone down the podium to celebrate with his hyungs, taehyung took that time to coo over seokjins baby boy in jimins arm, while namjoon and seokjin were busy aggressively kissing in joy.

among the huge drums and music playing, jungkook was screaming something at hoseok when he felt a tug at his mating bond.

the alphas head had whipped around to locate taehyung and he spotted the omega sitting by the steps in podium, alone, forehead creased as he took deep breaths.

jungkook didnt waste a second to dive through the crowd and was soon by taehyungs side.

"hey--cherry, everything okay?" jungkook had asked, more like screamed over the commotion around them as he crouched to taehyungs eye level.

" 'm tired" the omega sniffled and that was all the alpha needed to hear, surging to help taehyung to stand up and steered him carefully away from the crowd.

the omega had only so much energy lately, even walking a few steps would have the other gasping for breath and considering all the excitement from today, it was understandable that he'd be already drained out.

there was only a walkable distance to their home, taehyung leaning almost all of his weight on the alpha as they walked over in a small pace.

and at one point taehyung had winced again, jungkook going haywire with concern at it, but the omega had assured that it was just the baby kicking.

"stop giving your eomma a hard time" jungkook had playfully chastised the baby bump just to see taehyung relax again and they resumed their walk.

in just the few months, their home had became their sweet haven.

there was already a little garden in the front- it had zinnias, petunia, marigolds and a few rose plants that were yet to bloom.
at the corner of the backyard were the small piece of land were jungkook grew his crops- a few green onions, cucumbers, squashes and capsicum to which jungkook was very much attentive of.
the alpha was planning to expand his little crop garden further. but lately he's been so busy with his new job as a trainer for recruit guards and his mates pregnancy.

as soon as they entered the home, jungkook had helped taehyung to sit by the couch, then striding to the kitchen to get him water.

the alpha loved being in their home- he was damn proud of it- it spacious and always a mingle of both their scents- everything he dreamed for it to be.

later, as the exhaustion of the day settled in, taehyung decided to take a nap while the alpha decided to water the garden outside.

jungkook was in the task of plucking away the grasses around the plants when he heard the loud crash from inside.