29. to nothing

it was still dark around the forest, it being traversed by the very first rays of the sun.

there were sounds of the birds and animals who roam around the forest, of water flowing in a creek nearby as well as light thunder in the cloudy sky.

hana was awake after the barely few hours of the sleep she got.

she has been contemplating this for some time now- eyes darting between taehyungs form and to her brother, both soundly sleeping.

this could be the only chance they'll get.

and finally, tiptoeing, even her breath still stuck in her lungs- she slowly walked towards the curled up form of the omega.

everything felt oodly quiet, even her own heartbeat, as she extended her arm towards taehyung to wake him up,

to explain everything to him,

and escape back to the village.

but before her hands could reach taehyung, he felt another around her mouth and torso, pulling her struggling form back followed by the familiar souring scent.

"fucking bitch- you dare betray me" it was hanjae, his large hand slapping hana right across her face, once he managed to push hana to a distance away from taehyungs sleeping form to not wake up the omega.

hanjae's eyes were blazing red and what hana most feared just happened.

"i knew!-- i never trusted you" he spitted out as the alphas hand wrapped around hana's slender neck slamming her to the nearby tree, the beta struggling for breath in her brothers hold,

"-knew you would stab your own brother in the back" the alpha snarled, his angry pheromones suffocating and protruding nails digging into the betas skin.

"l-let me g-go" hana's face paled with suffocation, but with the last bit of strength in her she took the knife off her belt and wrunged it against the alphas hand.

the knife cut on the alpha was not that deep, but enough for hanjae's hold to loosen and hana could use that opportunity to run.

she ran aimlessly through the woods, hanjae chasing after her, determined to catch and maybe kill her.

hana was scared, the bead necklace tight between her fingers,
and in the pitch darkness her legs slipped, she stumpled down a slope, rolling and falling into heavily flowing, ice cold water.

she shivered and gasped for breath, desperately flailing her arms to find any leverage as the frustrated growls of her brother reached her ears.

hana floated along with the bone-chilling water until her extended claws pierced into a piece of decayed wood that was laying across the creek- she sobbing and coughing as she climbed on top of it, then briefly closing her eyes.

meanwhile hanjae lost hana and her scent as soon as the beta fell into the water- the alpha snarling and angrily pacing around to find her, but to no avail.

as the daylight started pouring in, the alphas mind cleared enough of anger to think. so he tied a cloth around the knife wound on the arm, then hiding it under the long sleeves before returning back to were they camped.

he willed his scent to calm down, before hurriedly waking up taehyung.

the omega blinked and groaned as he pushed his tired body up, dried leaves stuck on his cherry hair and skin a ghostly pale in the cold.

"we need to walk before the rain hits again" hanjae walked around and packed their things.

"w-where's hana?" taehyungs groggy voice asked noticing her absence.