33. good greed

one night went by,

so did two nights.

but still there was no sign of hoseok or namjoon.

in the dingy underground prison cells, all there could be heard was some ragged breaths.

the moss carpets on the walls seemed to grow more, the air seemed to thicken with rotting scents and the floor was colder than the initial days.

across one cell, jungkooks form was stooped by the wall, his arms binded the same way with the chains seemingly cutting into his flesh now.

the alpha looked paler, more tired, his raven hair hiding the drooping eyes and hurting arms laying uselessly on his sides.

he even felt numb, even resigned as hours seems to tick by fast closer to his death.

across the cell, yoongi had jimin on his lap and the beta was taking concerningly shallow breaths.

second day in the dirty cells, jimin contracted a cough that seems to worsen his breathing when it gets cold at night.

"i-i w-want to see h-obi" jimin would stutter between his own shaky breaths.

"he will be here soon, sweetheart" yoongi would mumble, carding his fingers through his mates hair and rubbing at his cold hands.
yoongi then pulled jimin closer to himself, hoping his own body heat would help him in some way.

but soon that wont be enough.

jimin is getting weaker as hours pass and yoongi is concerned, for both of his mates and friends.

after maybe minutes or hours, the heavy wooden door of the prison cells had opened.

footsteps had resonated into the cells, shadows appearing by the small rays of light that had sneaked in through the door that was left ajar.

the guards wrinkled their nose and huffed as they got in, quickly unlocking the two occupied cells.

"Get up" they forcefully had pulled jungkook up on his legs, before unlocking his chains with the alpha hissing at the sting before pulling him out of the cells.

in the adjacent cell, when the guard had tried to pull up jimin from yoongi, the alpha had growled to their face.
"-got yourself a pretty little thing huh?" the guard was wicked, smiling showing his yellowing teeth.

"fuck off" yoongi rumbled in clear warning, pulling jimin closer to him.

the guards only laughed more.

"get going now. you guys have front row tickets to see that scum be hanged-" they snickered eyeing towards jungkook as they pushed them out of the cell.

jungkook squinted his eyes when he was pushed outside, the brightness uncomfortable to the tired eyes.

it wasn't much pleasant outside though.

it was cold, gloomy and every signs of an impending rain to be hitting soon and jimin had shivered, moving closer to yoongi over a whimper.

with every step they took, jungkooks numb legs had limped but the guards would shout at the alpha to move faster, pushing him with the handle of their sword.

jungkook had a swarm of guards surrounding him as he was made to walk out of the palace, through the dusty paths to the centre of baekje.

as he walked, jungkook would occasionally turn around to look at the palace he is walking further from, hoping to see a glimpse of taehyung by a window, a door- he just wanted a glimpse.