30. abyss

its been a whole week since taehyung left the village,
a whole seven days since jungkook has been cooped up in his house.

the alpha didn't got out even when his friends comes looking for him, neither when seokjin brought his favorite dishes nor for his share of work.

jungkook laid on his bed, neutral to all the mood swings of nature, feeling as empty as the day his omega had left him.

sometimes when it gets suffocating, any once happy memory comes to haunt him, he goes for a run;
he growls and snarls along with the thunder aimlessly running along the dense forest until he tires himself out enough to get a wink of sleep.

thats how he's been coping up with the separation and pain.

so the alpha didn't bother getting up even when he heard commotions outside.

he heard someone, yoongi by the sound of it, banging at his door and when it didn't stop even after jungkook ignored it for so long, he reluctantly got up with a frustrating growl.

"thank fuck finally-" yoongi snarled when jungkook opened the door.

"you need to see this, jungkook" yoongi had said, jungkook furrowing his brows at the serious tone and followed after yoongi's hurried footsteps.

there was quite a small crowd on the ground area, them parting their way for jungkook and yoongi.
all the faces there had concern, something that seems to be a constant for everyone these days,

and when the crowd parted and he saw the form hunched at the end of it, jungkook did stop on his tracks.

a rumble, nothing angry still intimidating, rolled out of him and the form looked up.

it was hana.

the beta looked worse for wear, skin pale and body mared with cuts and wounds. there was a suddenness in her when she saw jungkook,
"y-you need to find taehyung- he n-needs you- go find him please" hana looked distraught, as if she's is fighting herself to not pass out.

jungkooks features had hardened,
"he doesn't want me." the alpha gritted out, about to turn around and leave.

"no! h-hanjae was manipulating him. that fucking bastard threatened to expose the village -nd tricked taehyung to leave-" hana coughed with the exertion of words,

"he s-sold taehyung to the king-" hana sobbed, her vision seeing spots; someone, it was hwasa running from the crowd to hold her as she dangerously swayed on her feet.

and jungkook was frozen in his place.

"save him, jungkook- he still loves you the same- p-please they'll kill him-" hana had sobbed out.

it was in a second that jungkooks breathing picked up.

if taehyung is back in that palace, jungkook sure knows the things he might be going through right now.

glimpses of how daejung treated the omega the day jungkook rescued him flashed through his eyes and jungkooks alpha howled in fury inside him.

and,

taehyung still loves him?

the crowd around jungkook had took a step back with a gasp when jungkooks eyes blazed red and pheromones a mix of varied emotions lifted off him.

jungkook had vowed himself to protect taehyung,

that he'd never let him go through that hell his life was, once again.
has he failed his omega?