Chapter 84: Pawns...

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

"Annika...I know something is bothering you...just tell me ok..."

"I'm fine Shivaay...why would you think something like that...?"
Annika asked him...

"You heard everything didn't you...?"
He asked her softly...

All her reserve broke...
she looked up at him tears flowing down her eyes...
"I'm so sorry..."
He said sitting next to her...

"Don't be...Gosh...These days this is all I seem to do right...I'm such a cry baby..."
Annika said to him with a sad smile wipping off her tears...

Shivaay hugged her tightly and kissed her repeatedly on her forehead...
Annika slumped against his chest an cried her hearts out...

(A/N): Recap: The media ousted the news about Annika being the daughter of the perpetrator of KM fire accident, Harshvardhan Trivedi...
The senior Oberois remain mum and keeps Annika and Gauri believe what the media news said...

While renewing Annika's childhood house Shivaay comes across a couple of audio cassette from which he comes to know that HVT reached the venue only after the fire...and that he was falsely accused...

Shivaay confronts his father and uncle, who confesses that HVT was indeed innocent..but they stopped shukla from confessing because it wouldn't make any difference as HVT already died...

Annika who had come to Shivaay's office hears this conversation...

****************
Chapter 84
Pawns...

"Sirji...i hope this apartment is to your liking...I have arranged everything like you asked for...the hot water supply...the generator facility incase electricity goes off....I have also stacked the fridge..."
Shukla looked around the apartment tuning out whatever the house owner went on and on...

This house would be enough for what he came to India for...
Shukla thought to himself adjusting the golf cap he had on...

"You don't have to bother with the cooking though...I'm living around the corner...and my missus already makes food enough for the entire street...I can bring..."
The man said to his guest but was interrupted by him...

"No thanks Kuljeet...I can manage it on my own...I wouldn't want to be a bother to you..."
Shukla said to him...

"Sirji...you would never be a bother to us...it is an honor that you decided to stay in this humble abode"
Kuljeet said to him reverently...

In the current economic situation who would pay double rent for 6 months in advance in this forsaken corner of the state..?

Maybe like his wife Shanno had said these script writers had some bug about writing the stories in solitude...

Though he hadn't heard of a script writer called Dharamveer Kundra ever...But then again he knew very little about the movie industry...

But still considering the fact that this man seems to be loaded he might as well suck up to him...

So that even if something doesn't suit the man's requirements he wouldn't pack his bags and leave, forcing them to return the advance...
Kuljeet thought to himself...

"It's OK...I will manage...thanks for your support..."
Shukla said to him with a smile...

"Ok sirji...here are the keys...hope you have a nice stay and get to write the script to your satisfaction...."
He said handing over the keys to the Shukla...