Chapter 31: For you...

Previously on Meri Aashiqui...

"Trust yourself Annika...forgive yourself...

Annika eased her into the bed when sometime later Dadi fell asleep...
Tucking her in she walked out of the room...
"I'll try Dadi..."
She promised...

"One step at a time..."
This time the promise was to herself...

"One step at a time..."
Annika kept telling herself...

She saw that Shivaay was watching her concerned...
"If...if I agree to go to the therapy...Will you go with me Shivaay...?I don't think I can go through it again alone..."

"Yes..."

********************

Chapter 31
For you..

Annika was beyond tired when she walked out of the doctor's cabin after the first day of therapy....

She felt weak, probed and vulnerable...

Which was surprising since she couldn't talk about much except about the day she and chutki went to that orphanage...And even then there were so many gaps in her memory...

But still she felt relieved...She felt light...like she had taken out a memory that took up too much energy from her life...

Annika had stared at Shivaay's eyes when she narrated what happened...

She was thankful for his presence there...More so because Shivaay didn't become emotional when she was speaking about her life in the orphanage...He maintained his composure and that encouraged her to go on...

He let her be herself...It must have been hard for him to watch her fall down to the deepest pit, but he let her be...so that she could pick herself up like always...Because nobody could help her fight her demons except for herself...

She knew he was in deep turmoil but because he was brave she could be too...

She kept wondering why she asked him to be with her during therapy...?Because this was something that was totally out of character for her...

Inviting somebody into her pain was kinda new to her...especially because she didn't want the other to suffer...

But she had selfishly grabbed onto Shivaay...

"One step at a time..."
Annika said to herself...

Even if it's really hard to push myself to do it...I'll do it...Everyday I'll take off one of the burden I had carried and forget about it... I will not ponder on any of it anymore...

She was broken out of her thoughts by Shivaay's voice...
"You were amazing today..."

He pulled her into his arms and touched her forehead with his...
"I'm so proud of you..."

He felt sick to heart the whole time Annika talked about her childhood...She had forgotten about things that happened before 8 years...Which the therapist said would be to shield her heart from pain...

To think an 8 year old child had to go through so much...

Shivaay thought snaking his hand around Annika's waist and holding protectively...